Salmon in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce : super easy and delicious recipe using air fryer salmon in lemon garlic butter sauce. Perfect for a cozy weekend meal or quick weeknight dinner. This is a gluten-free recipe and ready in under 30 minutes.
When hot summer days approach, all I can think of is easy, quick, and lighter meals whether it’s just the two of you or a family of 4/more.
And nothing is easier and lighter than ‘fish’ which also comes filled with health benefits. So I decided to make ‘Salmon in lemon garlic butter sauce’ using an air fryer.
Trust me if you looooove Fish (like me), this ‘Air Fryer Salmon’ will be your new favorite as it does away with all the oily splitter splatter and cleanups.
Ingredients for Salmon in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Now, coming to our sauce, its one of ‘ THE BEST ‘ and easy sauces that can be made using simple ingredients.
And it pairs AHHHMAZINGLY with our Air Fryer Salmon. You can definitely make some extra as the sauce is Fingerlicking Good !!!
Salmon – I’m using skinless salmon but you can use ‘with skin’ too.
Oil – for air frying the salmon, use any light oil
Salt + Pepper
For the Sauce:
Butter – I’m using a lighter butter, but can literally use any butter (except sweet-flavored ones).
Lemon – I’m using the juice of fresh lemons.
Garlic – using fresh garlic but the dried powder can be used too.
Chili Flakes – this is optional but does add that extra zing of flavor and a bit of heat (use as per taste).
Fresh Cilantro – I prefer using fresh cilantro, but you can use dried ones too.
Water / Stock – you can use water or veggie/fish stock as per your choice.
How to Make Salmon in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
This recipe can be divided into two easy steps:
Air Frying the Salmon:
- We start by air frying the salmon at 375 F for 15 minutes.
- It usually cooks 4 salmon fillets (medium size) at that temperature, leaving you with no oily splatters or mess that usually happens when pan-searing salmon.
- Hence, this way of cooking salmon has become my favorite goto method unless I’m grilling.
Making the Sauce:
- As soon as I add the salmon to air fryer, I start making the sauce to save time.
- You just need to melt the butter first and then cook thinly chopped garlic.
- Then add lemon juice, water, chili flakes and let this sauce simmer on low medium for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the sauce is cooked, place cooked salmon and let this simmer for another 5 minutes.
Extra Helps/Notes on this Recipe::
- If you donot have ‘Salmon’ you can also cook this recipe using any other light fish (with or without skin).
- This can be made in any kind of air fryer, just keep the temperature you use for cooking fish.
- You can even use white wine instead of water/stock.
You May Also Like:
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 4 Salmon Fillet
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- For the Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 5-6 Small Pods Garlic - crushed
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Water - you may use veggie or fish stock
- Salt + Pepper - as per taste
Air Fryer Salmon:
- Preheat Air Fryer at 375 F for 5 mins.
- Remove the air fryer basket and place foil inside the air fryer basket.
- Spray oil on the foil to prevent salmon from sticking to it.
- In a bowl, place salmon and pour 2 tsp oil on it.
- Gently brush the oil on both sides of salmon using a brush or hand.
- Sprinkle salt + pepper on both sides.
- Place the salmon on the foil lined air fryer basket (if using salmon with skin, place skin side down first).
- Air Fry for 15 minutes at 375 F.
- Remove salmon and flip on other side and air fry for 5 more minutes.
- Once done, keep the salmon away.
Making Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
- Heat butter in a large skillet and let it melt completely on medium flames.
- Add thinly chopped garlic and saute for 2 minutes on low-medium heat. Be quick as garlic burns really quick.
- Now add chili flakes and saute (optional step if using).
- Add lemon juice, stir and let this cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add water/stock, stir and let this cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Finally place the air fryied salmon in the pan and let this simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add thinly chopped cilantro and turn off the flames.
- Serve hot and enjoy with toasted garlic bread, dinner rolls, orzo or even plain basmati rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 53g