Best Chilli Chicken Recipe: extremely delicious, quick, and popular Indo-Chinese chilli chicken recipe using simple ingredients. Crispy and saucy in every bite, served with steamed rice/ cauliflower rice/ quinoa/ noodles.
What is Chilli Chicken Recipe?
Weekends are always special and that means lots of good comfort food with loved ones. This ‘Chilli Chicken Recipe’ is one such dish which is a weekend special at our place.
It’s an extremely popular Indian-Chinese dish in India. Juicy chicken fried in a light batter and tossed with a sweet-spicy sauce, along with bell pepper (capsicum), onion, makes for a perfect nosh!
It’s the most sought-after fusion dish in Indian Fast Food restaurants or Asian restaurants in India/outside too.
How to Make Chilli Chicken?
As popular as the recipe is, it’s extremely easy to make at home and you do not need any special ingredients to make it. Here’s what’s needed:
- Chicken (can use boneless or with bones, as per your preference).
- Bell Pepper (capsicum)
- Ginger + Garlic Paste
- Soy Sauce, Ketchup, Chili Sauce
- Corn Flour (can use egg)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Oil (for frying)
- Salt + Pepper
The process to make the chicken can be divided into 3 stages:
- Frying the Chicken in a cornflour + flour batter.
- Sauteeing the Bell Peppers + Onion
- Making the Sauce and mixing the fried chicken and veggies in it.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Medium Onion
- 2 Medium Bell Pepper (capsicum)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger + Garlic Paste
- 4 Stalks Scallions or Green Onions - for decoration, can skip
- 1/2 Cup Water
For Frying Chicken:
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Light Chili Sauce
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Oil – any light oil for frying
- 5 Tbsp Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch – Dissolved in 3 Tbsp water – Optional
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt – As per taste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Frying the Chicken:
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces
- Add 'Frying Ingredients' ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to form a smooth paste.
- Add cut chicken pieces in it and coat each of them nicely.
- Heat a cup of oil in a wok/pan.
- Add 5-6 coated chicken pieces and shallow fry on low-medium.
- Fry till they are golden brown on both sides and then remove on a paper towel (to soak extra oil).
- Similarly, fry all the chicken and keep it on a paper towel.
Saute the Onion & Bell Pepper
- In the same wok, saute onion and bell pepper for a minute.
- Add salt, pepper, and stir once.
- Turn off the stove and remove the veggies to another plate
Making the Chilli Chicken Recipe
- In the same wok, add all the 'Sauce Ingredients' EXCEPT 'Cornstarch' and whisk everything.
- Bring this to a boil, lower the heat and then add Cornstarch.
- Let this simmer for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Now add sauteed onion-bell pepper and fried chicken pieces.
- Saute and let this cook for a minute
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Chilli Chicken to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle chopped green onion/scallion.
- Serve hot.
Chicken Breast - you can use 2 cups of boneless chicken or with bones too.
Onion - can use any red, yellow, white
Ginger + Garlic Paste - can be homemade or storebought
Water - to boil baby corn in case you are using fresh ones.
Soy Sauce – you can use tamari
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 1600mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 32g