How to make Indian chicken curry in an easy and quick way, using basic ingredients like onion, tomato, and spices. You can even call it everyday chicken curry as it’s that simple and delicious.
Easy Chicken Curry :
At my house, chicken curry is always the solution to dinner or meal queries. Simple flavors and quickly ready, this recipe is definitely a favorite from many generations.
It pairs amazingly with rice/ roti/ quinoa/ dinner rolls or even a huge bowl of simple salad.
It’s something we can eat almost every day and it makes for great meal prep too.
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Curry:
The ingredients are pretty basic and found in most households, like:
Chicken – can use with bone, boneless or any part of the chicken like thighs, breast, drumsticks, etc.
Onion – I prefer using red onions for that authentic Indian taste, but any onion is good (red, white, yellow, shallot, any).
Tomato – I’m using fresh tomatoes, but you can use frozen, canned or even paste.
Ginger + Garlic – I’m using fresh, but you can use frozen or powdered too.
Spices – salt, red chili powder, garam masala, or curry powder.
Cilantro – this is optional
How to Make Easy Indian Chicken Curry:
The steps are simple and easy:
- We start by frying the onions, ginger+garlic paste together.
- Then adding chicken, spices, and stirring everything together and letting this cook on medium heat until chicken is tender (about 8-10 minutes). Stir every 2 minutes to prevent burning.
- Once the chicken is tender and almost cooked, add tomatoes and let this cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add water and cover cook for 6-7 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl, add chopped cilantro on top and serve hot.
- Enjoy with a choice of sides or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Homemade Chicken Curry Pizza Recipe
Chicken Meatballs in Coconut Curry Sauce (Coconut Chicken Kofta)
1 lb Chicken Breasts*
2 Large Onions - Thinly Chopped
4 Medium Tomatoes - Thinly Chopped
2 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste *
1 Cup Water
5 Tbsp Olive Oil – You can use vegetable or canola oil as well.
5 Sprigs Cilantro - thinly chopped
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder – You can get it easily at any Indian grocery store
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadhai.
- Add onions, ginger+garlic paste, and saute for a minute over medium flames.
- Saute and cover the pan, let this cook for 3-4 minutes over low flames.
- Now, add chicken pieces, spices, and saute everything.
- Cover and let this cook for 7-9 minutes until chicken is almost cooked/tender. Keep sauteeing every 2 minutes & keep flames to low heat.
- Once, the chicken is tender, add tomato and saute everything.
- Let this cook for another 5 minutes over low heat.
- Now, add water, stir everything to mix evenly and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro on top and serve hot.
Chicken - can use with bone, boneless or any part of the chicken like thighs, breast, drumsticks, etc.
Onion - I prefer using red onions for that authentic Indian taste, but any onion is good (red, white, yellow, shallot, any).
Tomato - I'm using fresh tomatoes, but you can use frozen, canned or even paste.
Ginger + Garlic - I'm using fresh, but you can use frozen or powdered too.
Spices - salt, red chili powder, garam masala, or curry powder.
Cilantro - this is optional
Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 215Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 13gUnsaturated Fat: 9g