Spicy Sausage Pasta: super easy, light, and filling pasta recipe using sausage, spinach, mustard, and seasoning. Under 30 minutes, stovetop recipe and store for 2 days in the fridge.
Nothing beats Monday Madness like a delicious and quick meal that the whole family can enjoy. This pasta recipe is a family favorite (all age group) and perfect for next day office lunch too.
This one is packed with flavors and can be made spicy as per taste.
Ingredients for Spicy Sausage Pasta:
- Pasta – you can use any kind you like including gluten-free options.
- Sausage – I’m using Italian sausage, but you can use any kind like chicken or even fresh sausages.
- Spinach – this adds a great flavor to the dish and makes it healthier too. (can be skipped)
- Mustard Seeds – adds a great kick to the flavor. You can use mustard powder too.
- Seasonings – I’m using Italian seasoning, salt, chili flakes, and lemon-pepper powder.
- Cheese – is optional. I haven’t used it but you can add white cheddar or pepper jack.
How to Make Healthy Spicy Sausage Pasta:
The pasta recipe is always one of my favorite meals and this one is extremely easy to make.
Make the pasta as per package instructions and keep it aside. (keep 1/2cup pasta water for later use)
We start by sauteing the sausage meat in a pan with some seasoning and mustard seeds.
Then once the sausage is completely cooked, we add spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
Then add the rest of the seasoning, cooked pasta, pasta water and saute everything together.
Let this cook for another 5-7 minutes over low flames.
Check for final seasoning and turn off the heat.
Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
Serving the Spicy Pasta:
I love to serve this dish with a light salad or warm garlic bread (makes for a killer combination).
Also taste amazing with roasted tomatoes.
If you need a drink with this, you can try a crisp white wine or a light red wine.
It’s also perfect for packed lunches or even picnics/hiking as it tastes great both hot or cold.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Cups Pasta
- 4 Fresh Sausages
- 1.5 Cups Spinach
- 4 Cups Water - for cooking pasta
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Italian seasoning,
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Lemon-pepper Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
Cook the Pasta
- Start by cooking the pasta as per package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain and keep it aside
- .Save 1/2 Cup Pasta water for later use.
- Take each fresh sausage, slit it in the middle and remove the meat using a fork or spoon.
- You need to separate the casing and discard it.
- Keep the meat aside.
Make the Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Heat a skillet and add 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Add 1 tsp chili flakes, 1 tsp mustard seeds, and saute.
- Now add the sausage meat and saute everything.
- Let this cook for 7-8 minutes over medium flames.
- Once the sausage meat is cooked, add spinach and saute everything.
- Let this cook for 2 minutes as you want the spinach to be slightly cooked.
- Now add cooked pasta, pasta water, leftover seasoning, and saute everything.
- Let this cook another for another 5-6 minutes (keep stirring in between).
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
- Pasta - you can use any kind you like including gluten-free options.
- Sausage - I'm using Italian sausage, but you can use any kind like chicken or even fresh sausages.
- Spinach - this adds a great flavor to the dish and makes it healthier too. (can be skipped)
- Mustard Seeds - adds a great kick to the flavor. You can use mustard powder too.
- Seasonings - I'm using Italian seasoning, salt, chili flakes, and lemon-pepper powder.
- Cheese - is optional and use as per choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 2167mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g