Spicy Citrus Margarita: a super quick and refreshing margarita drink to perk up your taste buds. Perfect for BBQ, Parties, and just about any occasion. Can be made Pitcher size too
What is Spicy Citrus Margarita?It’s a refreshing spring-summer margarita that’s a mix of 3 different citrus juices (orange, grapefruit and lime) along with a hint of spice from the jalapeno.
The glasses are rimmed with a cares pink salt + chili (tajin) mix to highlight the flavors further.
It’s an extremely easy margarita to make as we are using a mix of store-bought juice and fresh juice at home. The citrus mix is literally summer in a glass!
I know at times you may not have grapefruit juice, so you can omit it or use grapefruit syrup.
Spicy Citrus Margarita Ingredients:
1 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Grapefruit Juice
1/2 Cup Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Small Jalapeño – Sliced in thin circles
1/4 Cup Tequila – Blanco or Any Gold Variety
4 Tbsp Triple Sec
4 Tbsp Sugar/Sweetener – optional
2 Cups Ice
Rimming the Glass:
2 Tbsp Coarse Pink Salt
1/4 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Tajin (you can use chili powder too)
1 Lime Wedge (slit in between)
How to Make Spicy Margarita
As I did mention above, this Spicy Margarita is extremely easy and since most of the ingredients are store-bought, it’s a simple, mix, shake and pour recipe.
WHICH Makes it PERFECT for Big Batches or Pitcher Size.
You just need to taste test if making a pitcher size and adjust the flavors accordingly.
You start by rimming the glasses with the spicy mix (it has a hint of sugar but you can omit it in case you want to go spicy all the way).
Pro Tip on Rimmed Glasses:
- Always, place the rimmed glasses in the fridge to chill for few minutes before you pour the drink.
- This helps the mix stick to the glass and gives you that additional flavor.
Once the glasses are rimmed, it’s pretty simple.
Just muddle the jalapeno with some triple sec, sugar and splash of juice.
Then sieve this and pour this, along with all the juices, tequila in a large pitcher and stir.
Now remove the rimmed glasses from the fridge.
Add ice and pour the Spicy Margarita !!!!!!
I like to add quartered orange/grapefruit slices on the top of each margarita and sprinkle some of that spicy-sweet mix on top.
I also like serving this for my BBQ/Grill parties as nothing like a fiesta spicy drink (even if the bbq is for just the 2 of you).
These go extremely well with sliced meat, cheese, roasted nuts (cashews are superb here) or even sliced fruits/veggie platter.
Always make some extra as this margarita goes really soon 😉
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 Cup Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Small Jalapeño - Sliced in thin circles
- 1/4 Cup Tequila - Blanco or Any Gold Variety
- 4 Tbsp Triple Sec
- 4 Tbsp Sugar/Sweetener - optional
- 2 Cups Ice
Rimming the Glass:
- 2 Tbsp Coarse Pink Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Tajin (you can use chili powder too)
- 1 Lime Wedge (slit in between)
Rim the Glasses:
- In a plate, add all pink salt, sugar, tajin (chili powder), and mix using a fork.
- Take a glass and run the slitted lime on its edges (covering inside and outside edges of the glass).
- Place the glass (edge facing down) in the mix plate and turn it around to evenly coat the glass. (you can do this 1-2 times to have a thick coat).
- Remove the glass and place the edge side up. Follow the same way to rim all the glasses.
- Place the rimmed glasses in fridge.
Make the Spicy Citrus Margarita
- In a large glass, add the sliced jalapeno, triple sec, sugar, and 2 tbsp lime juice. Muddle the mix (push with a ladle incase muddler is not there).
- Sieve this mix into a large jar and add the juices (orange, lime, grapefruit) and tequila.
- Give it a good stir (do a taste and adjust seasoning as per choice).
- Remove the rimmed glasses from the fridge.
- Add ice into each glass.
- Pour the margarita (you can enjoy it as is now)
- Additional Decoration: place a quartered orange slice on each margarita glass, sprinkle some of the rimming mix on top)
- Enjoy chilled with your favorite snacks.
Juices: these can be fresh, store-bought or even frozen. You can add/reduce any juice as per choice and adjust the taste accordingly.
I prefer to use fresh lime juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2500mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g