Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice – made using turmeric, grated broccoli, rice, and garam masala, this recipe is packed with flavors and perfect for weeknight dinner. Takes 10 minutes to make and is super yum, hearty and vegan.
This healthy and quick Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice is my favorite midweek meal as it saves me from all that brainstorming session with self regarding what to make 😉
Also, if you are following the #veganuary trend, then this is such a delicious life savor.Now, I’m sure you must have made a lot of broccoli fried rice or turmeric fried rice before but this combination of ‘Turmeric – Broccoli’ is amazing!!!
Also, during winters, I love adding a bit of more turmeric to our recipes for that healing/protective powers.
What Makes Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice Different?
What makes this recipe different or unique, is the use of grated broccoli, it mixes so easily with the rice and you can taste it in every bite.
Cause when you simply chop the broccoli and make fried rice, many times you don’t get the broccoli flavor that much or you have to add a lot of broccoli to make it count.
Another benefit of using ‘grated broccoli’ is that you can literally use the entire broccoli from crown/head to stems. I grate the stems, leaves and almost everything.
Ingredients for the Recipe:
- Grated Broccoli
- Cooked Rice
- Ginger – fresh or powder
- Cumin Seed
- Turmeric Powder
- Garam Masala
- Red Chili Powder + Salt
- Coconut Oil – you can use any light oil here
How to Make Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice:
Since we are already using cooked rice, this dish comes together in like 10 minutes.
- Start by sauteeing ginger, onion and cumin seeds.
- Add grated broccoli and all the spices.
- Saute everything for a minute.
- Then add cooked rice and saute everything.
- Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and sprinkle some chopped cilantro (optional).
- Serve fresh.
Seriously, this dish is so easy to make, that it’s on repeat atleast once every week.
Sometimes we eat it as an entree and sometimes it works great as a side with stir fry or even curry.
Storing & Reheating:
This recipe can easily be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
When reheating it in a microwave or oven, always sprinkle some water on top (3-4 spoons) and then reheat. This helps the rice fluff up nicely and the dish tastes extremely fresh.
Apart from home meals, we have also enjoyed this Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice as trekking or camping meal.
It also makes a delicious and hearty work lunch and can be easily shared with colleagues.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice - 10 Minutes Vegan Meal
Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice - made using turmeric, grated broccoli, rice, and garam masala, this recipe is packed with flavors and perfect for weeknight dinner. Takes 10 minutes to make and is super yum, hearty and vegan.
- 1 Cup Grated Broccoli
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Medium Onion - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seed (jeera)
- 3-4 Stalks Fresh Cilantro - for garnish
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large non-stick pan or Kadai (wok).
- Add cumin seed, chopped onion and saute.
- Let the onion cook for a minute (or till lightly cooked).
- Now add the grated broccoli, all the powdered spices and saute everything.
- Let this cook on low-medium heat for 2 minutes (stir every minute).
- Now, add the cooked rice and saute everything to mix rice evenly with the cooked broccoli.
- Let this cook for another 2-3 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top (if using).
- Serve hot
Grated Broccoli - you can grate small broccoli for 1 cup grated quantity. Can also use store-bought broccoli rice (frozen or fresh).
Cooked Rice - you can use any kind of rice (brown, red, black, jasmine)
Onion - can use any onion (white, yellow or red)
Coconut Oil - you can use any light oil or even ghee (if non-vegan)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
No Replies to "Turmeric Broccoli Fried Rice - 10 Minutes Vegan Meal"