This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #thebestfreshness #CollectiveBias
Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies: quick and delicious hand pies stuffed with turkey, veggies, and spices. Perfect holiday appetizer or great to use for leftover turkey recipe or leftover turkey hand pies.
With Holidays just around the corner and as you finalize your holiday menu, you gotta add my ‘Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies’ as they are a popular ‘in-demand appetizer’ in our parties.The filling is a scrumptious mix of minced turkey cooked along with veggies, spices, and cheese, that leaves you wanting more.
They are also great to make using leftover Thanksgiving turkey too.
And one more thing that’s constant in our everyday to Festive menu is Birds Eye® Frozen Veggies.
I mean whether it’s my everyday sauteed veggie mix or a specialty curry dish, they are a huge part of my cooking.
Especially during the holidays, when we have tons of people around, I always stock up on some extra packets for unexpected guests or plans.
Ingredients for Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies
- Biscuit Dough
- Minced Turkey or you can use leftover Thanksgiving turkey too
- Birds Eye® Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
- Birds Eye® Steamfresh Broccoli Florets
- Birds Eye® Steamfresh Mixed Vegetables
Super easy ingredients and I would say found in most of our kitchen.
Process to make the Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies
Once you have all the ingredients, you simply start by making the filling.
So we cook the minced turkey along with veggies and spices.
Once the filling is cooked, we cool it to room temperature and add cheese in it.
Then we roll the thawed biscuit dough balls into palm-size circular discs.
Add the filling in the center and seal the edges, giving it a crescent or half-moon shape.
Then we pinch and crimp the edges to seal it further. I did this by hand but you can use a fork to seal the edges too.
Then you brush the hand-pies with whisked egg and bake the pies for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes, remove from the oven and serve fresh.
Since the filling is spiced well, you do not need any sauce.dip with it.
Here are some more details on the Birds Eye® Frozen Vegetables:
- What I like about Birds Eye® Frozen vegetables is that they donot use any artificial flavor or color in their products. They are picked and packed at their peak time.
- I usually take the frozen steamfresh bags from the freezer and simply microwave them for a minute (as per package instructions).
- Then use it in a recipe as needed (for the further process) or serve steamed.
As mentioned above, I easily found all the ingredients and Birds Eye® products at the ‘Frozen Vegetable’ aisle of my local Walmart.
You can also visit Birds Eye® Page for more recipes inspiration
So go ahead and enjoy these hand pies for your holiday feasts or simply turn them into Leftover Turkey Hand Pies
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies - Leftover Turkey Hand Pies
- 1 Can Biscuit Dough - thawed
- 1 Cup Turkey Mince*
- 1 Large Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Birds Eye® Steamfresh Super Sweet Corn
- 1/2 CupBirds Eye® Steamfresh Broccoli Florets, chopped
- 1/2 CupBirds Eye® Steamfresh Mixed Vegetables
- 4 Tbsp Shredded Mixed Cheese, use as per choice
- 1 Egg - for brushing the hand-pies
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt - as per taste
- Red Chili Powder - as per taste - optional
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
Make the Turkey-Vegetable Filling:
- Heat oil in a pan/skillet.
- Add minced turkey and saute.
- Add salt, chili powder and saute. Let this cook over medium flame for a minute.
- Now, add the frozen vegetables and saute everything.
- Add the curry spice, mix and let this cook for 3-4 minutes or until the filling is cooked (keep stirring every minute).
- Once the filling is cooked, turn off the heat and let this cool completely.
- Once the filling is cooled, add the shredded cheese and mix everything. Keep aside.
Make the Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies:
- Open the thawed biscuit can as per instructions and remove the biscuit dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat kitchen surface and place 1 biscuit dough on it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a palm-size circular disc.
- Keep the flattened dish on a plate and similarly roll all the remaining dough balls.
- Now take each dough ball and scoop 2tbsp filling.
- Place the filling in the center of the flattened disc
- Close disc by sealing the edges, forming a half crescent shape.
- Now, pinch and crimp the extra dough on the edges or seal using a fork.
- Similarly, fill all the circular disc.
- Place the raw hand pies on a baking tray and brush each with whisked egg.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes (keep an eye as they brown up really soon).
- Once puffed and golden, remove the hand-pies from the oven.
- Cool the hand-pies for a few minutes and serve.
Turkey Mince* - you can use cooked turkey or leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Just chop them into tiny pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 16g
No Replies to "Spiced Turkey-Vegetable Hand Pies - Leftover Turkey Hand Pies"