This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own
Keto Brown Butter Roasted Nuts (2 Ways) – Super quick, delicious, brown-butter roasted mixed nuts like pecans, cashews, almonds, dry cherries (unsweetened) with all-spice, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Can be made 2 ways salty or sweet. Perfect holiday appetizer that pleases everyone from host to guests or Keto Edible Holiday gift.
As holiday approaches, so do my quest to find that perfect snack that everyone can enjoy and is super easy to make.
And these ‘Keto Brown Butter Roasted Nuts’ are my Perfect goto appetizer that fits all my Holiday parties (big/small).
Although every year we have tons of appetizer in our party this year as a lot of our family/friends are doing Keto, I’m looking at adding more Keto/friendly recipes.
So for this year’s party, I’m starting with these mixed nuts recipe that I’m going to flavor with McCormick® Spices and McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract.
Trust me, roasting anything in these spices + extract mixed together makes your kitchen smell like the Holidays!!!
It suddenly spreads that warm, cozy and fuzzy feeling that makes you not only so relaxed (while making 20 different recipes) but also happy :
Ingredients For Keto Brown Butter Roasted Nuts:
- Unsalted Butter
- Dried Cherries – unsweetened
- McCormick® Ground Ginger
- McCormick® Ground All Spice
- McCormick® Roasted Cinnamon
- McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Black Pepper
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Keto Sweetener of Choice – optional, depending on if you are making a sweet-version.
Also, I feel these mixed nuts make an excellent appetizer for not only your Holiday parties but also anytime when hunger strikes.
I like to keep a small size snack bag near my work desk or even in my purse when I go out for walks or shopping too.
Process to Make Keto Brown Butter Roasted Nuts
Now, I’m going to make 2 Different Version of this appetizer: One would be salty and the other is sweet.
If you like both salty-sweet, then you can create it a 3rd way too.
We start by making ‘Brown Butter’ from our unsalted butter in a skillet or pan
Then we add the mixed nuts and roast them for a minute or two.
Add the McCormick® Spices, McCormick® Pure Vanilla extract and add salt or sweetener as per choice.
Mix everything and turn off the heat.
Once the mix is ready, we cool it to room temperature, we are ready to serve.
Or, if you plan to make them ahead of time, then just cool the roasted nuts completely and then store in an air-tight jar (to prevent them from being soggy).
Apart from being added to your party or snack menu, these Keto Brown Butter Roasted Nuts make a great Holiday Edible Gifts too.
You can give them as gifts at work, school or even neighbors.
Just pack them in Festive boxes or even glass jar (like below), add some ribbons and you are ready with a gift everyone would love
Infact, I turn it into one big holiday gift box and add the required McCormick® Spices in the box, along with a cute spatula or bowl and a recipe + thanks note.
Your friends/family would Loooove you more every year – I can Literally Bet on This !!!
I found all the ingredients in the Walmart Spice Aisle. They are neatly stacked and displayed (as shown below)
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Dried Cherries
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Dried Coconut Flakes, unsweetened - optional
- Keto Sweetener of Choice - optional, depending on if you are making a sweet-version.
- 1 Tsp McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp McCormick® Ground All Spice
- 1 Tsp McCormick® Roasted Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp McCormick® Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Heat butter in a large skillet until all melted and golden brown (click to check Golden butter recipe)
- Add pecans, almonds, pepitas seeds and saute for a minute (on low heat)
- Add dried cherries, cashews, dry coconut flakes and saute for a minute.
- Add all the ground spices, vanilla extract, Himalayan salt, saute and let this cook on low heat for a minute.
- Depending on Sweet or Salty Version: Add sweetener and saute. Cook another 1/2 minute and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and cool completely.
- Enjoy once cooled or store in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Always roast/saute the nuts on low flame.
Do not roast nuts for the longer or high flame as they burn quickly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g