Spicy Shrimp Scampi Recipe: fingerlicking good shrimp in spicy-saucy garlick and herb-infused buttery-wine sauce.
Ready in 10 minutes, this is your ultimate dinner recipe that can be served with spaghetti, rice or bread.
This Spicy Shrimp Scampi is one recipe that we can eat almost 2-3 times a week as it’s so incredibly easy to make and packed with flavors that will blow your mind.
The trio of garlic, chili, and herbs in this buttery-wine sauce is literally something you need to try as it’s a perfect Umami flavor that you were searching for!
In simple words – it’s Marvellous !!!
I’ve always been a fan of the traditional Shrimp Scampi but my spice-loving family always craved a slightly spicy touch to it.
And we always felt that there should be some extra ‘buttery wine’ sauce to enjoy by the end or just a tad bit more to :
” coat the spaghetti or dip that piece of bread in that rich buttery sauce and taste the umami flavors”
So I decided to create this quick variation to the traditional dish and added:
Sambal Paste + Chili Flakes –> For the kick of spice + that gorgeous orange-gold color
Extra Amount of Dry White Wine –> for that buttery sauce in the end to devour
I also love serving it with fried rice with Italian seasoning and a mix of peas-beans.
So go ahead and enjoy this combination of Spicy Shrimp Scampi and fried rice or you can serve them with your spaghetti or bread.
:: You May Also Like ::
Skinny Cauliflower Pasta Bake (Healthy)
Quick Saffron, Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto
Lemon Garlic White Wine Shrimp Pasta (20 Minutes Recipe) #valentines
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter / Subscribe to our Newsletter / Google+
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 1 lb Large Shrimp - I'm using the fresh deveined ones, but you can use frozen too
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine + 2Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp Butter - salted or unsalted (adjust salt accordingly)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes - use as per taste
- 1 Tsp Sambal/Red Chili Paste - Sambal is slightly milder than other chili paste.
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic - you may use powder garlic and adjust according to taste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Thinly Chopped Parsley
- Salt - as per taste
Cook the Shrimp:
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil + 1tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Now add the shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes (till shrimp are cooked and opaque in color).
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
Make the Spicy Garlicky Buttery Wine Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add remaining of oil and butter (wait till they melt together).
- Now add chili flakes and saute for 10 seconds
- Add minced garlic, salt, 1 tsp parsley, sambal and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add the white wine and stir everything together.
- Let this simmer on low heat till sauce starts to bubble.
- Now add the cooked shrimp and saute for 1 more minute over medium flames.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add remaining parsley, juice of lime and stir everything.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve along with side of choice (rice / spaghetti/bread/any grain of choice).
Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 190 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 500mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Protein: 18g