Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (Topped with Zoodles): easy, filling and extremely delicious Instant-pot soup made with mixed lentils, smoked chipotle seasoning, vegetable broth and topped with zoodles. It makes an easy-peasy meal/office lunch and can be kept in the fridge for 3 days. It’s been so dreary and breezy in the bay since past few days that this warm, bubbling Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup topped with Zoodles has become one of our MOST Favorite Weekday Meal!
A) It’s so easy to make in an instant pot/pressure cooker
B) It’s absolutely healthy and refreshingly delicious.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (topped with Zoodles):
- Zoodles or Zucchini Noodles
- Vegetable Broth
After a completely BINGED holiday season (which started Oct and lasted Dec), we have increased the intake of plant proteins + veggies in our meal.
It not only gives us the needed energy along with benefits to go through the day but also helps us feel full yet light.
Both Mr. and I prefer sandwiches/salad/smoothies for lunches and slightly filling dinner which this Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (topped with Zoodles) totally qualifies.
And trust me, after a long day, when you think of this ‘INSTANT-POT’ hot meal with least efforts involved – It’s like you’ve won a Jackpot!!!
Okay, not exactly the same but kinda close – like the Next BEST THING 😉
Now, we love the soup as it is but topping it with zoodles makes it extra filling and adds so much to the flavors too.
I was just being too creative and drew ‘hearts on his and circles on mine’ using some coconut milk that was lying in the fridge.
You don’t have to do that 😉
If Cooking this recipe in Traditional Pressure Cooker, simply follow the same instructions you use to make any lentil or bean soups.
But I’d definitely RECOMMEND Adding this soup to your weeknight menu for a healthy and delicious family meal.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
Other Soup Recipe :
Healing Tomato Carrot Turmeric Soup
Skinny Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Bisque (Vegan & Glutenfree)
Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (topped with Zoodles)
Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (topped with Zoodles): easy, filling and extremely delicious Instant-pot soup made with mixed lentils, smoked chipotle seasoning, vegetable broth and topped with zoodles. It makes an easy-peasy meal/office lunch and can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.
- 1.5 Cups Red Lentil - washed
- 1/2 Cup Small Red Beans - washed or any other bean
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa - optional - you can use rice or any other grain too
- 2 Medium Zucchini - make zoodles using zoodle machine and keep in water.
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth*
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil - or any light oil
- 1 Large Onion - chopped
- 1 Can Chopped Tomato, you can use fresh tomatoes too
- 2 Garlic Cloves - thinly chopped
- 2-inch Fresh Ginger - grated
Seasoning & Spices:
- 1.5 Tsp Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper/Red Chili Powder - optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to "Sauté".
- Pour olive oil, onions into the pot and saute until brown (2 minutes).
- Add in the garlic and ginger and stir for another minute.
- Now add the spices and saute for another minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, water and scrape around the pot to mix everything nicely.
- Add the lentils, bean, and quinoa (optional) and stir everything and place the instant-pot lid.
- Seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure (manual - function) for 17-18 minutes.
- After the stew is ready, allow natural pressure release for at 10 minutes and then manually release any pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and give the soup a good stir.
***( You can taste-test at this point and add any required seasoning/broth).
- Transfer to serving bowl, top with zoodles.
- Sprinkle some hemp seed, lemon, cilantro and serve hot.
* You can use any vegetarian broth but check for them as per your vegan/glutenfree need. Also if both is not available you can use 2 vegetarian bouillon + water.
** This can be kept in the fridge for upto 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
14 Replies to "Instant Pot Chipotle Lentil Soup (Topped with Zoodles)"
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness January 25, 2018 (11:49 am)
This looks so good!! I wish I had an instant pot. All the things you can do with one!!
Molly Kumar January 27, 2018 (4:00 am)
Tina Dawson | Love is in my tummy January 23, 2018 (3:19 pm)
Oh these look awfully comforting, Molly! This winter has been absolutely cruel and I am sticking with the soups and chilli and all things warm and inviting!
Molly Kumar January 24, 2018 (2:52 am)
Thank you so much Tina and Stay Warm !
Veena Azmanov January 22, 2018 (6:45 pm)
This sounds so incredible Molly. I love Chipotle and lentils especially in this cold weather. This is absolute comfort food. Looks so creamy and inviting. I’ve recently been really enjoying my spiralizer with the kids too.
Molly Kumar January 22, 2018 (7:14 pm)
Thanks so much Veena and definitely give this a try. Spiralizer is just so much fun!!
Patty K-P January 22, 2018 (6:02 pm)
Such a sweet touch with those heart! 🙂 I don’t have an instant pot, but this recipe might just turn me !
Molly Kumar January 22, 2018 (6:36 pm)
Hi Patty, thanks so much for liking the recipe and I just updated with a non-intsantpot method too 🙂
Tara January 22, 2018 (5:56 pm)
Such a delicious use of the instant pot! I love how easily this comes together with such wonderful flavors. Yum!
Molly Kumar January 22, 2018 (6:50 pm)
Thanks so much and glad you liked it 🙂
Leslie January 22, 2018 (5:48 pm)
Yum! Three of my favorite things–lentils, zoodles, and my Instant Pot. Delicious combination!
Molly Kumar January 22, 2018 (6:56 pm)
Hahahha, absolutely – Thanks 🙂
Amy Nash January 22, 2018 (5:33 pm)
It has been dreary, hasn’t it? This looks like just the way to warm up (you know, along with the extra socks and sweaters I’ve been living in. Seriously though, anything chipotle and I’m down.
Molly Kumar January 22, 2018 (7:04 pm)
Exactly, I’ve my monkey cap out too 🙂 Glad you liked the recipe Amy