This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #StarsOfSummer #CollectiveBias
Texas Caviar with Grilled Pineapple Salsa: Easy-peasy, delicious and an absolutely no-cook recipe for a great party/bbq appetizer. It’s the addition of the grilled pineapple salsa that adds such a fun twist to this classic American recipe. Takes 10 minutes to make a large bowl. (Click the image to buy the RO*TEL® and Hunt’s® products at Walmart)
This Texas Caviar with Grilled Pineapple Salsa is one of my favorite summer party or bbq recipes.
It’s more of a ‘mix-in’ kind of a recipe that’s perfect to feed a large crowd and absolutely easy to make (not much chopping or assembling needed).
The only thing you have to do is grill the pineapple to adds a sweet twist to this classic American appetizer.
It was during my first trip to Texas (almost 12 yrs back) that I tasted the famous Texas Caviar which is also called Cowboy Caviar at my office BBQ party in Dallas.
The name itself was very intriguing and I was literally expecting a large serving of caviar (fish roe) with some sort of mix.
But to my surprise, it was actually a mixed beans + veggies salsa served with chips and were absolutely addicting!
I also came to know that the dish originated from Texas in 1940 and has ever been a favorite in parties. It’s actually a very healthy mix of ingredients.
So I came back with the recipe of ‘Texas Caviar’ and have been making it ever since.
How to Make Texas Caviar or Cowboy Caviar
I’ve been making the recipe as is for many years till 2 years back when I decided to add a twist of grilled pineapple salsa to it.
All I did was grill some sliced pineapple for 2 minutes (I literally did this on my stovetop grill), chopped and mixed some leftover pickled jalapeno.
Then I added that chopped grilled pineapple salsa to the Texas Caviar recipe and my Texas Caviar with Grilled Pineapple Salsa was invented 🙂 and was an instant hit with family and friend.
Who doesn’t love that sweet-spicy-salty mix that’s actually pretty healthy to munch on.
So we usually make double the batch of all our events.
I also added a vinaigrette, which is very easy and made of basic everyday ingredients like oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
If you want any additional flavoring, you can add some celery salt and lime juice to it.
Since it’s a party/picnic recipe, I wanted to make it even easier hence, I added RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies and Hunt’s® Natural Diced Tomatoes to it (which I usually have stocked in the kitchen pantry from Walmart).
All you have to do now, is rinse some canned beans, chop onions, bell peppers and add the tomatoes from the cans and you are ready with the Texas Caviar with Grilled Pineapple Salsa within minutes.
So go ahead and make the caviar for your next party or picnic and you can find more delicious, easy and fun food inspiration using RO*TEL® and Hunt’s® Here <———————–
Looking to summer certify your backyard/patio, or host the ultimate summer block party?!
Check-out the #StarsOfSummer Sweepstakes where you have a chance to win a $50 Walmart gift card almost everyday.
leading up to Labor day (ends 8/31) as well as enter into the drawing for a $750 Walmart Gift Card grand prize.
Winner selected on or around 8/31!
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes
You can tag me using #easycookingwithmolly :
You can also try these party recipes:
- 1 Can White Beans - (you can use any black eyed peas) rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Black Beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Yellow Corn - drained
- 1/2 Medium Green Bell Pepper - deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion - finely chopped
- 1 Can Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/4 Can Hunt's® Natural Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Can Pineapple Slices - you may use fresh slices too
- 1 Tbsp Jalapeno Pickle - finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Leaves - chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Pinch Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt - as per taste
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Grilled Pineapple Salsa:
- Heat the grill and place the sliced pineapple on it for 2 minutes (or till they leave grill marks on the pineapple).
- Turn the pineapple to the other side and grill.
- Remove the grilled pineapple and chop into bite size pieces.
- Slice the pickled jalapeno and mix with chopped grilled pineapple.
- Keep aside.
Making the Texas Caviar:
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients and grilled pineapple salsa together.
- Pour dressing over beans mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve Fresh or refrigerate till needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 20gSugar: 11gProtein: 23g
No Purchase Necessary. The #StarsOfSummer #Sweepstakes begins on June 2, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends on August 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
There are multiple Entry Periods during the Sweepstakes. Legal residents of the 50 US/DC only,18+. Void where prohibited.
By participating, you agree to the Official Rules at.
When sharing, Entrant should include the following: “#StarsOfSummer #Sweepstakes. Ends 8/31/18. See Rules at https://starsofsummerrules.