This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Firecracker Sausage Kebab: extremely easy and delicious kebab / skewer recipe using sausages, veggies and sweet-spicy firecracker sauce. Budget Friendly and Perfect for BBQ’s or July 4th parties
Hi Everyone, Hope you had a great Father’s Day yesterday and I’m back with these fabulous Firecracker Sausage Kebab (also called Firecracker Sausage Skewers) recipe that’s perfect for your upcoming July 4th BBQ parties.
Since the beginning of June, we have been attending so many BBQ’s and the next one is at our place.
So I decided to make these Firecracker kebabs which has this sweet-spicy taste along with beautifully grilled vegetables and sausages.
What is a Firecracker Sausage Kebab?
They are these delicious kebabs made using sausage, veggies like bell pepper (capsicum), onion, tomatoes, zucchini and a sweet-spicy firecracker sauce.
Now, have you heard of ‘Firecracker’ sauce or recipe? It’s basically a combination of sweet-spicy flavor and usually made with a peppery sauce as background.
However, I like to twist the recipe a little and use my favorite ‘Kikkoman® Soy and Kikkoman®Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce’ in it.
KikkomanUSA® is not just Asian sauces and marinades – it’s more mainstream and versatile, perfect for summer holiday grilling occasions and day-to-day grilling recipes for weeknights.
Hence, I always have their sauces and marinades in my kitchen pantry for quick – flavorful meals.
Now, I’m making a big batch of these Firecracker Sausage Kebabs.
I needed a little extra sauce, so decided to make a quick trip to our local Walmart to buy all the recipe ingredients along with July 4th decorations.
Seriously, nothing like an easy recipe where all the ingredients are found under one roof.
The sauce is available in the Asian aisle and rest of the recipe ingredients were available in fresh produce and sausage in the meat section.
How to Make Firecracker Sausage Kebab
It’s so simple to make and no lengthy steps are involved, however, for further convenience:
I’m dividing the Process into 3 main steps:
- First: we prepare the marinade (mix all the ingredients at once).
- Second: Place marinade, veggies, sausage in a container/bag and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Third: simply assembling the kebabs in a skewer and grilling over medium heat for 10 mins. That’s it 🙂 our kebabs are done and ready to Serve.
(Pictures Below – Quick glimpse of our ingredients, ready to be grilled kebabs and addition of extra sauce on grilled skewers).
So, I’m all set to party and watch the firecracker show along with friends and family.
Along with the Quick and Flavorful Firecracker Sausage Kebabs recipe, I’m also serving these:
and few more recipes and I’m not worried about dessert as my dear friends have offered to get that 🙂
So, go ahead, quickly grab these Kikkoman® sauces from your nearest Walmart and get those grill started. Here are some more details about the sauces:
Kikkoman’s® Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce is a major flavor enhancer and brings out the “umami” taste, and also helps balance and round out flavors
Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce and Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce are perfect for those home cooks who are looking to cut down on their sodium levels, without sacrificing flavor
You can visit —>#KickinItWithKikkoman <— link for more summer grilling inspiration.
Click the Coupon Below for Savings !!!
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 8 Chicken Sausages - chopped in bite side pieces
- 1 Large Red Onion - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Large Zucchini - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes - washed
- 18 Small Wooden Skewers
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Ziploc Bag - for marinating
- 4 Tbsp Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Chili Paste - adjust less or more as per taste
- 1 Tsp Ginger + Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 10 mins or more (prevent from burning the skewers on grill).
How to Make the Firecracker Sausage Kebab:
- Mix all the marinade ingredients on a bowl.
- Take the Large ziploc bag and add marinade in it.
- Add the chopped veggies + sausage and mix evenly.
- Place the marinade bag in the fridge for a min of 15 mins.
- Heat the grill.
- Remove the marinade bag from fridge.
- Take one skewer and add the vegetable and sausage on it.
- Follow the same process and use all the skewers.
- Brush the skewers with left over marinade.
- Place the kebabs on grill and grill each side for 5 mins (medium heat).
- After 5 mins, turn kebabs to other side and cook for another 5 mins.
- Once the kebabs are cooked evenly, transfer to serving plate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g