Want More Deliciousness!
Then Subscribe to our FREE WEEKLY Newsletter for Recipes, Tricks & Much More...
Easy Homemade Garlic Fries Recipe (Best Ever) : These fingerlicking fries are thin cut and tossed in a mixture of garlic, cilantro, and seasoning. Make them just for two or a huge batch for your next gameday as they are crunchy and addicting in every bite.
Do you love Garlic Fries?? Okay, as per ‘D’ it’s not even a valid question as he feels that they are totally addicting (read what’s not to love about them) 😉
I wish you could somehow smell these fresh batch of my Easy Homemade Garlic Fries coming straight from my kitchen (okay, this happened last evening….I’m not eating fries at 8AM)!!!
The smell just drove us nuts and we finished a big bowl within 10 minutes – that’s how crazy good they were.
So, if you’re one of those garlic fries super fans, then you’ve definitely found a super easy recipe to make them at home 🙂
And if you’re one of those people, who have not tried them yet – you’re at the right place as we are discussing Homemade Garlic Fries Recipe and ‘How To & What Not’.
If you’ve not read my ‘About-Me‘ page, I live in sunny California and close to the Garlic Capitol of USA – Gilroy (which you guessed correctly, produces the maximum amount of garlic in the USA).
And, every year Gilroy, hosts a giant Garlic Festival, where you can have everything garlic…from wine, cheese, meat, drinks, fries and the famous – Garlic Ice – Cream (which actually tastes better than it sounds 😉.
So you definitely get where I’m coming from, living somewhat close to this place, we often used to go to Gilroy to have their garlic fries and that’s when we actually thought of trying the recipe at home.
Hence, the Homemade Garlic Fries Recipe that I’m sharing today, have been tried many times and here are some of my notes to achieve perfect fries every time:
1. Russet Potatoes – they are the gold standard when it comes to making fries. They all should be the same size (medium to large).
2. Garlic – You can use fresh garlic or garlic powder or even garlic truffle oil (we used a mix of the last two).
3. Cilantro – This brings out that garlic flavor and gives a distinctive taste to the fries.
4. Vegetable or Peanut Oil – We need a thicker oil that has a higher cooking temperature or doesn’t burn easily.
5. Large Pot of Ice Cold Water – To soak the sliced potatoes as this helps in getting rid of extra starch that makes the fries extra crispy and they don’t stick together.
6. Thick Bottom & Large Pan for Frying – You don’t want to use a thin pan as it’s going to burn your oil too fast and will leave you with not-cooked fries.
Double Fried! Yes, you heard it right, it needs to be fried twice to achieve that restaurant-style crispness and golden color.
Trust, me I’ve tried a couple of times to eliminate the double fry step and every time the fries came out not so crispy looking and became soggy within minutes of serving (Unless you’re using an Air-Fryer, then you need to cook as per booklet instructions).
By this particular method, you can probably cook all kind of fries, from regular, garlic, spicy to just about any flavor combination your heart desires.
The only time taking the process in this entire process is cutting the potatoes in the same size (thickness + length) and then soaking them in water.
But if you want, you can buy the frozen french fry and use the flavoring mix (in the recipe) to make Garlic Fries out of them.
But I would say, why not give it a try and make the whole thing from scratch, it seriously feels so good and such a proud moment when your loved one’s praises you till that last bite of the fries – It’s Absolutely Worth It !!!
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>