Chickpea Zucchini Pakora Fritters – Zucchini Crisps made using thinly sliced zucchini and chickpea flour. Extremely crispy and perfect for parties. They can be made using spiralized zucchini chips and no breading is needed. (GF+V)
These Chickpea Zucchini Fritters are thin, crispy and glutenfree as they donot need any breading.
Happy Friday Everyone ! It was quite a packed week for me and I’m so glad we have made it to the weekend.
The entire week, we had been eating pretty light (mostly smoothies/sandwiches/light curries) and had been looking forward to our weekend menu – which is slightly a variety of cheat food + healthy stuff.And the first thing that came to my mind were these Chickpea Zucchini Pakora or Zucchini Crisps that just screams COMFORT Food to me.
You can try it with this Amazing Cilantro/Coriander Green Chutney that we just posted:
I mean what’s there not to like about a Fried, Golden Crusted – Crispy Snack.… Absolutely Nothing, what do you think?
Ingredients for the Indian Zucchini Fritters – Zucchini Pakora
You just need few simple ingredients that are found easily at home like:
- Zucchini – thinly chopped or spiralized in chips
- Chickpea Flour
- Rice Flour
- Oil – for frying
- Water – for the batter
I just couldn’t wait and the second they were ready, I had to bite into them and they were just perfect!!!
The taste is absolutely delicious and fried zucchini simply melts into your mouth.
So the batter actually prevents the zucchini to simply melt while frying, absolutely made in heaven kind of pairing 🙂
Now, to keep these Chickpea Zucchini Fritters really crisp, I’ve added homemade rice flour (just pulse rice grain to a really fine consistency or you can always use store-bought ones).
This recipe makes 15 fritters that are perfect to share between 2-3 people.
Depending on how many you wanna eat and you’re absolutely welcome to eat them all by yourself – I PROMISE 🙂
The best part about them is that they can be prepped night before, make the batter, slice that zucchini and keep them separately in the fridge.
Just fry them in the morning for your brunch or snack.
Some of you might wonder about the color, I’ve added a hint of turmeric to get this gorgeous golden color as It just gives me a feel of a very Gourmet Restaurant Style fritters, that are actually homemade.
I’m serving these Indian Zucchini Fritters – Zucchini Pakora with simple ketchup but please feel free to serve them with any sauce/dip of choice.
They taste Fabulous with chilled dips too and the Chutney’s I’m listing below.
I hope you make them this weekend or pretty soon as they do deserve a place in your gorgeous family table 🙂
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Large Zucchini - thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Oil for Deep Frying
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric - OPTIONAL - for the rich golden color
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda - optional - gives a great crisp
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder - optional
- 1 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
Make the Chickpea Batter:
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, rice flour, turmeric, baking soda, cayenne pepper and water to form a smooth batter (It will be slightly thin).
- Add the sliced zucchini to the batter.
Make Chickpea Zucchini Pakora Fritters - Zucchini Crisps:
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a large frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, start adding the batter-dipped zucchini (one by one) to the pan.
- Keep the heat medium and let the zucchini evenly cook on the side down.
- Turn the zucchini fritters to the other side and let them cook. (It’s upto you how much crisp n browned you like the fritters.)
- As soon as they are cooked on each side and the color is nicely golden brown, transfer the fried fritters to a plate lined with a kitchen towel/any napkin (to soak any excess oil).
- Fry all the zucchini fritters similarly and serve fresh with your choice of ketchup/sauce/dip or use this Cilantro Green Chutney
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g