Veggie Stir Fry Porridge: Veggie Stir Fry Porridge Recipe: plain porridge sauteed with corn and broccoli in a sweet-spicy sauce. Perfect for breakfast or a quick meal.
Most of the times, the answer would be ahh…not sure…yeah maybe as breakfast….But that’s about it.
That’s exactly how I also ate porridge for many years as it’s one of a very healthy and quick breakfast food.
The high fiber content in porridge may improve digestion, reduce high blood cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
Infact, I’ve started using whole wheat porridge (Dalia – available in stores easily) in place of rice in my daily meal and I have to say I love it.
Just like rice, it doesn’t have any taste of its own, hence it can easily accompany any vegetable/meat/ curry.
And today’s recipe of Veggie Stir Fry Porridge is hand’s down my favorite porridge recipe (Savory) and in the true sense is a “Fusion”.
I mix it with choice of veggies along with some soy sauce, chili sauce, seasoning and chopped avocado (Optional)
I have been making this particular recipe for past 3-4yrs and it’s loved by everyone who tried.
Infact if you have pre-made porridge (bland) then this is a 10 minutes recipe, which is absolutely perfect as a meal.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Cup Plain Porridge
- 3 Cups Water – For cooking the porridge
* For the Stir Fry *
- 1 Medium Onion – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Vegetable Mix of Choice – You can use fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets – I’m using fresh, you may use fresh or frozen as per choice
- 1 Avocado - Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil – For stir fry
* Seasoning *
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Any Chili Sauce – I’m using green chili sauce, you may use any colored chili sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chili Powder - Optional
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- Place porridge, water in a medium pot and cook on high heat.
- Let it boil once, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover the lid and let the porridge cook in hot water.
- Heat the non-stick pan on high with 3 tbsp of oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add onion, sprinkle little salt and let it cook till they look golden brown (keep stirring in between, this takes 3 minutes).
- Now add mixed veggies, broccoli and stir for a minute.
- Let the veggies cook for 3-4 minutes(keep stirring every minute)
- Now, add the seasoning and give it a good stir.
- Meanwhile, drain the water from cooked porridge and let it sit for a minute.
- Now add the porridge to the veggie mix and give everything a good stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes (keep stirring every minute)
- Turn off the heat.
- Now, you can wait till the stir fry cools down a little and then add the chopped avocado and serve.
- You can pour the stir fry porridge in the serving dish and add avocado in the sides.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1766mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
Veggie Stir Fry Porridge