” Wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Vasant Panchami & Saraswati Puja
“Here’s a very easy and scrumptious recipe for a quick ladoo/sweets which is high in energy and healthy.
It also helps in digestion (eat in moderation
|Sesame-Jaggery-Nut Energy Bites|
Serving Suggestion: Serve Fresh or
Later & Can be stored for upto a month.
Serves: 20 Medium Pieces
Dish / Storage Container (Preferred Glass
1.5 Cup White Sesame
1.5 Cup Jaggery (Gud / Gur) – Please make sure the jaggery(Gud) is clean or free from any dirt/other
1 Cup Mixed Dry Fruit (Crushed) – I’m using Almonds and Cashews, you may use any choice of dry fruits.
|Roasted Sesame Seeds (Til)|
½ Tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
½ Cup Water
2 Tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Salt-free Butter
2 Tsp Oil – For greasing hands to
- In a nonstick wok, roast sesame seeds (Til) on a medium
flame till they are slightly toasted/golden in color (2mins) and Keep aside in a bowl (While roasting them, please keep stirring continuously as they tend to burn quickly).
- Now lightly roast the dry fruits* for 2-3 minutes to give them a crunchier taste and toasted flavor and keep aside in the same bowl as roasted sesame seeds. (*Incase using raisins or any dry berry – please don’t roast them, simply mix them into the bowl).
- In the same wok over medium flame, now add ½ water, jaggery and stir to make a smooth paste (takes about 3-4 minutes).
- While the jaggery is still cooking, add butter/ghee and let it bubble for 1 more min.
- Now add cardamom powder, roasted sesame seeds, dry fruit and give it a thorough mix.
- Stir everything together for 2 minutes over low flame and then turn off the heat.
- Rub oil in both hands and while the mixture is still warm to touch, make ladoo/ladoo. (I made 20 medium size ladoo)
- Transfer to Serving dish and serve fresh.
- These can be stored in a cool dry place or in fridge for upto a month.