Low Fat Microwave Mug Cake: delicious 3 minutes low-calorie cake ready in minutes. Perfect for anytime dessert cravings or an easy snack too.
I have been hearing about these “Cake in a Mug” recipes for quite sometime now (TV shows/Friends).
But never got the time or the urge to try one as we always had something chocolatey in the house to munch upon.
- 4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil or margarine as per choice
- 2 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar - You may use regular sugar
- 1 Sachet Sugarfree – You may use any sugar substitute or use regular sugar as per choice
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Pinch Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg – You may substitute this with just egg whites as per choice
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar – For Decoration - Optional
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil - For greasing the Mug
- Prep: Grease the microwavable mug with 1 tsp of oil, making sure to evenly grease the top edges so that cake doesn't stick to it in the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix evenly flour, sugar, sugarfree, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Pic 1
- Add egg to the greased mug and whisk with a fork for 30 sec. Pic2
- Now add 2 Tbsp of dry Ingredients to the mug, whisk into a smooth bather using a fork. Pic3
- Add the remaining dry Ingredients and whisk everything together for a minute. Pic4
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. (Check with a toothpick, if cake batter is still gooey, microwave for up to 10 seconds. Pic5 & 6
- Decorate with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 16g