“New Delhi” has always been famous for its wide variety of street food (I would say thousands of it) ranging from spicy, sweet, savory, Indian or International (Customized to Desi Taste).
Few of the famous places for such food that I remembered/frequented growing up were Connaught Place (CP), Khan Market, Defense Colony, M-Block, Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Nagar, Old Delhi n many many more.
And of all the street food one which was favored by many is “Kathi Rolls“, they were initially sold at this very famous place called “Nizam’s” in Defense Colony and trust me, it always had a queue of 10-15 ppl waiting any given time for them.
They were rich in taste, soft, meaty, spicy and sooooo appetizing that u couldn’t finish 1 but would always get an extra packed for home for a late-night snack or next day meal 😉Moral of the story 🙂 Was missing the rolls and ALAS we don’t get anything close to them here in California. So here’s my version of those tempting n spicy rolls trying to keep it as close to that rich taste !!!
Serving Suggestion: Can be served as Bfast/Lunch/Dinner OR cut into small bite size pieces as appetizers
1 Large nonstick pan
1 Large Bowl
1 Medium Bowl
Food Processor with Dough attachment
Green Chilies – Julienne – Add as per taste OR Optional
- In a medium bowl, add all the vegetables along with “marinade” and keep aside for 10-15 min.
- In a food processor, combine all the “dough ingredients” and pulse for 2-3
min to form a dough. Keep aside for 15 min (For dough to rise)
- In a Large Bowl, mix eggs and minced chicken together till a smooth batter is formed.
- After keeping the dough aside for 15 min, pat it on a dry n cool surface and make 10 equal size balls
out of it. Roll each ball into a medium-size disc/roti.
- Heat the large non-stick pan, dab it evenly with oil and put 1 Roti on it.
- Turn the Roti to another side as soon as you see bubbles appearing on the side up. Once it’s turned, put a ladle of the egg-chicken mix on the side up and turn this side down for the mixture to cook and stick to the side down (Takes 2-3min).
- Once the side with egg-chicken mixture is cooked, you can remove this roti and repeat the same
procedure for all roti’s dabbing the pan with each fresh roti.
- Now take 1 roti with the cooked egg-chicken mixture facing up, add some marinated vegetables on
one side and roll it. (Follow for all cooked roti’s).
- Serve Hot OR Cold as per taste
No Replies to "Chicken Kathi Roll - Chicken Roll"