Curried Tofu Fried Rice: Quick Indian style curry tofu fried rice recipe with mixed vegetables. Super delicious and perfect for brunch too.
Curried Tofu Fried Rice is a Perfect addition to Brunch Menu.
After a packed week of Diwali celebrations with friends and family, I’m so ready to spend this weekend in bed eating my ever so favorite ‘Curried Tofu Fried Rice’.
Now, we did go “ALL-OUT” with our Diwali feasts and parties, which meant lots and lots of food including both traditional to fusion Indian.
Since the festival is a ‘Once a Year’ celebrations, I think it’s okay to simply enjoy your favorite food with people you love 🙂
But as we are getting back to the daily grind, so is our eating schedule (which was literally all over the place) and I wanted something light + healthy.
Enter Tofu (light n healthy) and yes, what’s better than an easy ‘Curry Fried Rice’ on a weekend.
Everyone at home loves it, so I always make a big batch for those second helpings.
Now, before you think ‘Curry and Thai’ together, this is an Indian Curry Fried Rice.
It’s infact extremely funny for us as we eat so much Thai Food that whenever I’m making ‘Curry’ at home, I literally have to specify ‘Indian Curry’ even in an Indian household 😉
So this weekend why don’t you try my Curried Tofu Fried Rice recipe and enjoy with loved ones.
It’s loved by kids too and I usually make this with leftover plain rice.
But you can most definitely make fresh rice and use the same for this quick tofu fried rice recipe.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 2 Cups Rice - cooked or cook as per package instructions
- 1 Extra Firm Tofu - chopped in bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen Vegetable - mixed or any other kind you like
- 1 Large Red Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder - you may use paprika too
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt - as per taste
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil - or any other light oil
- Mint - for decoration
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Tofu and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetable and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, all other spices and saute.
- Finally add rice and mix everything.
- Let this cook on medium heat for 5 minutes (saute every 2minutes).
- Give it a one last stir and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle fresh mint on top.
- Enjoy with salad/pickles or plain yogurt.
Amount Per ServingCalories 261 Total Fat 19g Saturated Fat 3g Sodium 220mg Carbohydrates 22g Sugar 3g Protein 3g