Quick Tandoori Salmon Recipe: restaurant style recipe that absolutely ‘melts-in-your-mouth’.
Made using homemade Indian tandoori masala that gives it a delicious rustic flavor
It has just the right hint of spiciness along with some tartness from lemon and literally melts in every bite.
Quick Tandoori Salmon Recipe is Perfect for brunches.
This Quick Tandoori Salmon Recipe is by far our FAVORITE recipe using salmon and also for date nights.
You can Make it ahead of time and serve with choice of side.
I mean what can be simpler than marinated and baked meals where the dish looks straight out of a certified restaurant yet you spent less than 10 minutes making it 😉
Seriously, 10 minutes is all you need to mix, prep and marinate these gorgeous fillets with a quick homemade Indian spice mix called ‘ Tandoori Masala’.
And your lovely Tandoori Salmon Recipe is ready to bake.
Now, if you’re a fan of Indian cooking or have eaten at any North Indian restaurant, you must have come across the term – Tandoori!
All ‘Tandoori’ recipes are spiced with an orange colored spice+yogurt marinate and cooked in a clay pot deep oven called ‘Tandoor’ in India (hence the literal translation tandoori).
Now as in these modern times, we seldom have tandoors at home (seriously takes 40 minutes to prep a tandoor using coals).
So I’ve improvised and used a bake+broil method to get similar texture with our sweet home ovens.
Also, I made the tandoori masala at home however, you can find them really easily in any Indian grocery stores.
They are usually in the spices aisle and there are some really great brands (if you need suggestions, drop me a message below).
This masala/spice-mix is really very easy and you can make a huge batch and keep for later.
I really don’t have much to write about the process of this Quick Tandoori Salmon Recipe as it’s literally that easy and quick 🙂
But I can definitely go on and on about its taste.
So, I’d rather take a leave and let you make this ASAP and try this deliciousness for yourself.
It’s also featured many times on our Valentines Day meal too, so go ahead and give it a try.
Here are some other Fish Recipes you can Try:
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 2 Salmon Fillets - medium size
- 1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Cup Greek Plain Yogurt - or any thick yogurt
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil - or any light oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
Spices for Tandoori Masala *
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Kashmiri Mirch Powder - red kashmiri chili is used for color n less heat.**
- Pinch of Orange Color - optional
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala - mix of cloves, pepper, cardamoms, cinnamon / or buy at Indian store
- 1 Tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves - optional
- Salt - as per taste
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, ginger+garlic paste, lemon juice and all spices together.
- Add Salmon and keep aside for 10 minutes (more if you have time)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray cooking oil.?
- Place the marinated salmon on the tray and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Then turn up the heat to a broil and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to char on the surface.?
- KEEP an EYE as this can burn quickly.
- Turn off the oven and remove the baking tray.
- Transfer the salmon to serving dishes and serve immediately with mint chutney and vegetables.
- (You can serve this dish with any side of choice).