Instant Pot Vegetarian Chipotle Lentil Zoodle Soup: Extremely Easy, filling and extremely delicious soup with smoked chipotle flavors mixed with lentils and topped with zoodles.
It makes an easy-peasy meal/office lunch and can be kept in the fridge for 3 days.
A) It’s so easy to make in an instant pot/pressure cooker
B) It’s absolutely healthy and refreshingly delicious.
It not only give us the needed energy along with benefits to go through the day but also helps us feel full yet light.
Both Mr. and I, prefer sandwiches/salad/smoothies for lunches and slightly filling dinner which this Instant Pot Vegetarian Chipotle Lentil Zoodle Soup totally qualifies.
And trust me, after a long day, when you think of this ‘INSTANT-POT’ hot meal with least efforts involved – It’s like you’ve won a Jackpot!!!
Okay not exactly the same but kinda close – like the Next BEST THING 😉
Now, we love the soup as it is but topping it with zoodles makes it extra filling and adds so much to the flavors too.
I was just being too creative and drew ‘hearts on his and circles on mine’ using some coconut milk that was lying in the fridge.
You don’t have to do that 😉
If Cooking this recipe in Traditional Pressure Cooker, simply follow the same instructions you use to make any lentil or bean soups.
But I’d definitely RECOMMEND Adding this Instant Pot Vegetarian Chipotle Lentil Zoodle Soup to your weeknight menu for healthy and delicious family meal.
You Can Try The Other Soup Recipe Too:
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1.5 Cups Red Lentil - washed
- 1/2 Cup Small Red Beans - washed or any other bean
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa - optional - you can use rice or any other grain too
- 2 Medium Zucchini - make zoodles using zoodle machine and keep in water.
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth*
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil - or any light oil
- 1 Large Onion - chopped
- 2 Tbsp Frozen Corn - you can add more
- 2 Garlic Cloves - thinly chopped
- 2-inch Fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 Can Chopped Tomato
Seasoning & Spices:
- 1.5 Tsp Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper/Red Chili Powder - optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to "Sauté".
- Pour olive oil, onions into the pot and saute until brown (2 minutes).
- Add in the garlic and ginger and stir for another minute.
- Now add the spices and saute for another minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, water and scrape around the pot to mix everything nicely.
- Add the lentils, bean, corn and quinoa (optional) and stir everything and place the instant-pot lid.
- Seal the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure (manual - function) for 17-18 minutes.
- After the stew is ready, allow natural pressure release for at 10 minutes and then manually release any pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and give the soup a good stir.
***( You can taste-test at this point and add any required seasoning/broth).
- Transfer to serving bowl, top with zoodles.
- Sprinkle some hemp seed, lemon, cilantro and serve hot.
* You can use any vegetarian broth but check for them as per your vegan/glutenfree need. Also if both is not available you can use 2 vegetarian bouillon + water.
** This can be kept in the fridge for upto 3 days.
Amount Per ServingCalories 185 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 80mg Carbohydrates 25g Fiber 10g Sugar 6g Protein 12g