Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) : crispy, buttery and flakey in every bite and stuffed with a delicious vegetable curry filling.
Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff)
They are quintessential for your festive or gameday parties. Made using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, they are ready in 30 minutes.
These Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) are a MUST at our home especially in festivals or on a game day.
I’ve been making them for ages with different filling but every time, there is one ingredient that’s never changed – “Puff Pastry Sheets”.
They are an absolute MUST for this flakey-crispy warm delectable bite and comes out looking perfect every time.
Infact, these Vegetable Puffs are a popular ‘street-snack’ in India and an absolute MUST in school/office cafeteria.
In many Indian homes, it’s the perfect companion to a hot piping cup of tea/coffee and can easily munch on 2-3 of them at a sitting.
These ‘puffs’ are also famous for its crispy buttery layers which looks almost impossible to achieve while making them at home.
That’s why these ‘Puff Pastry Sheets’ are a must for these Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff) .
Once, you have the ‘Puff Pastry Sheets’, then all you need the mixed vegetable filling and you’re good to go.
Just thaw and cut the sheets in desired size/shape, add the filling inside, wrap and bake.
Serve them as soon as they are made for that extra crispy feel.
I usually serve them with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
This festive season, surprise your loved ones with these homemade Quick Vegetable Puff Recipe (Indian Curry Puff)
Or make them for a fun gameday appetizer.
:: Other Snack Recipes ::
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Packet Puff Pastry Sheets
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Butter - melted
- 1/4 Cup Water - to seal the edges of the puff
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped - for decoration
Vegetable Filling ::
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil - any light vegetable oil can be used
- 1 Medium Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peas - frozen or fresh
- 1/2 Cup Carrots - thinly chopped in square size
- 1/2 Cup Green Beans - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Capsicum - thinly chopped
- 3 Medium Boiled Potatoes - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder - homemade or store bought
- In a small bowl, add milk, butter and mix together (keep aside).
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil.
- Now add cumin powder, onions and saute till onions turn golden brown (takes 2-3 minutes).
- Add all the other vegetables except potatoes and saute for a minute.
- Cover the vegetables and let them cook for 7 minutes on low heat. (saute every 2 minutes).
- Finally add the boiled potatoes, curry powder, mango powder, saute everything together and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool the mixture slightly.
- Preheat the oven at 410 Farenheit.
- Take the thawed but cold Puff Pastry Sheets and cut them into sqaures (see tutorial pic).
- Add 1tbsp of filling in the center and fold the remaining side over it (I've created triangle, rectangle and open face).
- Brush each wrapped pastry with milk+butter mixture (you can use eggs too) and crimp the edges with a fork. (seal the pastry).
- Bake for 15 minutes (keep an eye as all oven are different).
- Server Hot with favorite ketchup or chutney.
Amount Per ServingCalories 697 Total Fat 57g Saturated Fat 8g Sodium 161mg Carbohydrates 40g Sugar 9g Protein 9g