Cranberry Chicken Pilaf: tart-sweet cranberries sauteed with spices to create an extremely delish chicken Pilaf.
Rice dishes are our absolute favorite for a quick meal or a special event and this Cranberry Chicken Pilaf is studded with delicious and gorgeous cranberries to give you that instant festive feel.
It’s a great combination of flavors with crunchy cranberries and melts in your mouth chicken and every bite give you that warm festive feel.
I recently came across Veetee Rice which has 2 minutes microwavable ready rice called ‘Dine In’ and it definitely was my O M G moment.
Can you imagine cooked fluffy rice in 2 minutes !!! I had to give it a try and was absolutely shocked by the amazing results.
You not only get the cooked rice in 2 minutes (microwave – nothing to be added) but they come in 11 different varieties to choose from – Now we are talking, right ?
And with this rice, my Cranberry Chicken Pilaf was done and served on the table in under 20 minutes.
I just cooked the chicken with spices and cranberries and just mixed in the veetee basmati rice (cooked in microwave).
Now, I used the basmati rice to make this recipe, however, you can pick and choose from any 11 of these flavors:
Long Grain Rice
Basmati & Wild Rice
Wholegrain Brown Rice
Thai Jasmine Rice
Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa
Red Beans & Rice New Orleans Style
Chicken Flavor Rice
Golden Vegetable Rice
Spanish Style Rice
While you get on with this recipe, here’s some exciting news:
We are doing an awesome giveaway with Veetee where *** ‘1 lucky winner gets two six packs of Veetee rice in the flavor(s) of the winner’s choice.’ ***
You definitely need to enter the Giveaway for this delicious prize and try this recipe asap.
******************* VEETEE RICE GIVEAWAY ******************************
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Packet Veetee Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Cranberries - fresh or frozen
- 2 Cups Chicken Mince
- 1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 2 Large Onions - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Raisins - optional
- 1/2 Cup Oil - for making pilaf and sauteeing onions.
Spices for the Pilaf
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Red Chili Powder - as per taste
- Salt - as per taste
- In a large pan, heat oil and add the chopped onions.
- Fry till onions turn slightly brown and crisp (takes 6 minutes on medium flame).
- Remove 3 Tbsp cooked onions and keep aside.
- Now add the spices and saute the mixture.
- Add ginger+garlic paste, stir everything together and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add minced chicken and saute everything together.
- Cover the pan with lid and let everything cook over low heat for 7 minutes (stir every 2 minutes or till chicken is cooked).
- Heat the Veetee Basmati Rice as per instructions.
- Add the cooked rice to the cooked chicken and gently mix everything together.
- Stir in the cranberries, almonds, raisins and cover cook for another 3 minutes (medium heat).
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Decorate with fried onions, cilantro and nuts.
- Serve Fresh.
Serving Size4 People
Amount Per ServingCalories 94 Total Fat 1g Sodium 6mg Carbohydrates 21g Sugar 2g Protein 2g