15 Minutes Spicy Soy Ginger Tofu with Cashews : quick and easy stir-fry tofu and cashews in a spicy soy ginger sauce is an easy entree recipe. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
Who’s ready for the Weekend ??? Coz, I am so ready that I event sent some emails yesterday (Thursday), greeting everyone as Happy Friday 😉 :)) and the other person also replied similarly, Can you believe that (Lol). So, I guess – we all are so READY!
And if it’s weekend, then many of you would already be planning lunches/brunches at home or outdoor and these are few days before the Back to School also begin…So the coming weekends are really precious. But we are planning a Weekend Binge TV Marathon along with my 15 Minutes Spicy Soy Ginger Tofu with Cashews and some Mango Jalapeno Margarita’s (3 Minutes Drink) – Yummm!!! It’s been ages since we had a TV or even a Movie Marathon….
I was initially thinking (okay, don’t laugh) all the Harry Potter Series (Gosh, I’m such a HUGE Fan of all of them) or the Classic British Movies like Pride & Prejudice, Great Expectations, Emma and so on … and then D threw in some of his must-watch recorded Football games and I’m like .. Seriously!!!
The idea of movie marathon turned into a TV marathon and we are still contemplating 😉 But anyways, that being said, one thing we both agreed upon was the menu, so let’s talk 15 Minutes Spicy Soy Ginger Tofu with Cashews
It’s so easy to prepare and can even be made and kept for 2-3 days in the fridge. All you need is some fresh ginger (okay, dry would do too), soy sauce, some spicy sauce or fresh chilies or even red flakes would do.
Also, I wanted to keep the recipe light hence the sauce is thin or you can say almost invisible. Just do a quick stir fry and serve with a bowl of ready to eat or home cooked rice/quinoa/couscous or any other grain of choice.
The color is spectacular and you can make it spicier or even sweeter as per your choice. I love such recipes as they are so quick yet flavorful.
So do try this recipe over this weekend or any other day as it makes a great and quick weeknight entree too. I’m going to get back to our TV series research and would love to hear all about your weekend plans.
Until next time ~ XoXo
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback. You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Packet Firm Tofu - 14 oz packet - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Onion - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions - thinly chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ginger - shredded - optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil - to saute tofu
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil - to make the sauce
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce - use any variety
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger - shredded (you may use dry ginger powder)
- 1 Tsp Chili Sauce - any variety would do or use chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Ketchup - any variety
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt as per taste - see notes
- In a medium bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a large wok or non-stick pan.
- Add the chopped tofu and evenly cook on both side (we want a light brown coating - takes 5 minutes).
- Transfer the lightly cooked tofu to another plate.
- In the same wok/non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger paste and saute evenly.
- Now add the sauce ingredients, water, mix evenly and cover cook for 5 minutes - on low heat.
- Remove the cover and add the tofu, green onion and saute everything together on high heat. (2 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and transfer the tofu to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped green onion and ginger.
- Serve fresh