Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas (using Soup) 20 minutes dinner recipe that’s super creamy, looks straight out of the restaurant and tastes absolute yum! Made using 6 simple ingredients found in any home pantry/kitchen.
Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas:
Your favorite gnocchi sauteed in a creamy tomato-basil (can be tomato too) soup along with spinach, peas, and seasoning.
It’s perfect for anytime meal and is an absolute comfort food during this Fall Winterish weather.
Super easy recipe especially for those hectic or lazy days when you want to eat something nice but do not have the time or energy for it.
That’s when this 20 minutes recipe comes most handy as it cannot get easier than this.
Ingredients for Creamy Tomato Gnocchi
The recipe literally requires 6-7 ingredients that are easily found in any kitchen pantry or store like:
Creamy Tomato Soup – I’m using the creamy basil tomato soup but any creamy tomato soup works great.
Fresh Spinach – you can use regular or baby spinach. You can even use frozen spinach, just thaw and remove excess water.
Chili Flakes – optional
Olive Oil – for cooking
How to Make Creamy Tomato Gnocchi:
As I said, it cannot get easier than this.
You start by making the gnocchi as per package instructions (or follow my recipe steps).
Then we saute the gnocchi for 5 minutes giving it a slightly firm texture ti hold up while cooking it in sauce (else gnocchi becomes super mushy).
Then we saute the veggies and keep aside (3 minutes step).
Then we make the sauce using canned/homemade soup, Italian seasoning and for an extra kick of flavors, I’ve added chili flakes (it goes perfectly with creamy soup & gnocchi).
Then you mix and saute everything together and keep the liquid consistency as per your taste (dry or saucier).
That’s it, it’s done and ready to serve.
Storage & Other Tips:
This can be easily stored in the fridge for upto 2 days in an air-tight container.
You can also add different sauce or veggies to it like:
- Garlic scapes
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
:: You May Also Like ::
Baked Spinach Gnocchi in Cream Sauce – Lighter Version
Mushroom Spinach Gnocchi (Restaurant Style) #gnocchi
Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with Spinach & Peas (using Soup)
Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas (using Soup) 20 minutes dinner recipe that's super creamy, looks straight out of the restaurant and tastes absolute yum! Made using 5 simple ingredients found in any home pantry/kitchen.
- 1 lb. Uncooked Gnocchi
- 4 Cups Water - to cook gnocchi
- 1 Large Can Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil - for cooking
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes - optional
Cook the Gnocchi:
- Heat water in a large pot and add gnocchi.
- Cook them for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain the excess water and keep the gnocchi for later.
Make the Creamy Tomato Gnocchi:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cooked gnocchi.
- Saute them for 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the gnocchi in a plater.
- Heat 1 tbsp in the same pan and add Italian seasoning and chili flakes.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add frozen peas and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flames.
- Now add spinach, salt and saute everything together for 5 minutes. Remove to a large bowl.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the creamy tomato soup and stir for a minute.
- Add cooked gnocchi, sauteed spinach & peas, and saute everything together.
- Let this cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Check for seasoning and adjust.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the gnocchi to serving bowls.
- Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge (once cooled) for 2 days.
Uncooked Gnocchi: I'm using gluten-free potato gnocchi, you can use any kind of plain gnocchi.
Creamy Tomato Soup: you can use fresh homemade or canned store-bought soup.
Fresh Spinach: you can use regular or baby spinach. You can also use frozen spinach, just thaw and remove excess water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
4 Replies to "Creamy Tomato Gnocchi with Spinach & Peas (using Soup)"
Gail Montero October 20, 2021 (8:41 pm)
Love this is so doable and easy to put together so it’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Natalie October 20, 2021 (2:48 pm)
Such an amazing dinner idea. Looks delicious and it’s so easy to make. I will add this to my weekly menu.
Julie October 20, 2021 (2:12 pm)
This is genius!!! I made this for my family for dinner and they gobbled it up. The pre-made soup as a sauce starter is a great idea.
Claudia Lamascolo October 20, 2021 (8:50 am)
I love this soup and everything in it, gnocchi has always been my favorite and in a soup its fabulous great recipe!