Indian Lamb Curry: succulent and tender lamb cooked in pressure cooker using onion, yogurt & spices, melts in your mouth with every bite. Extremely easy and popular Indian recipe using lamb or mutton.
Indian Lamb Curry Ingredients:
This is the easiest recipe to make this curry and the following ingredients can be found easily in most Indian/local stores:
- Lamb Meat
- Ginger + Garlic Paste
- Whole Spices: cinnamon, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, etc
- Powdered Spices: turmeric, red chili, garam masala, coriander, etc
- Fresh Cilantro
How to Make Indian Lamb Curry:
The process can be divided into two main categories:
Marination time depends on you, the minimum I take to marinate any red meat is 2hrs as that helps the meat absorb juices and tenderize.
And you can marinate for overnight if you have time in hand.
The marination here is simply a mix of yogurt, powdered spices, and lamb pieces. Then they are refrigerated for sometimes (depending on you).
Cooking the Meat:
I love cooking lamb/mutton in a pressure cooker or you can even use an instant pot for the same.
Start by cooking the onions + ginger+garlic paste along with spices.
Then add the marinated meat and saute everything for 5 minutes.
Add water and cover cook for 4-5 steam whistels.
That’s it the meat is ready in 30 minutes.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 lb. Lamb Pieces *
- 3 Medium Onions – thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil – You may use any other oil of choice
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 2 tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 1/ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
Powdered Spices :
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – Optional
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt – as per taste
Whole Spices :
- 1 Small Cinnamon Sticks, broken
- 2-3 Dry Whole Red Chillies
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Small Black Cardamom
- 3-4 Green Cardamoms
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Pods
- 3 Bay Leaves
- In a large bowl, add all the marination ingredients and whisk to form a smooth even paste.
- Add washed and clean lamb pieces and mix using a fork/hands.
- Cover the bowl with lid/plastic wrap or foil.
- Keep in fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight (if time is available)
Making the Indian Lamb Curry:
- Heat oil in a large pressure cooker.
- Add the whole spices and saute for 1/2 second over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, ginger+garlic paste, powdered spices and saute everything.
- Cook this over medium heat for 5 minutes (sauteeing every 2 minutes).
- Add marinated lamb pieces and saute for 3 minutes over medium-low flames.
- Cover the cooker with a lid and let this cook for 5 minutes over low flames.
- Add water and stir.
- Cover the cooker with a lid and turn on the heat to high.
- Let this pressure cook till 4-5 steam whistles.
- After 5 steams, turn off the heat.
- Wait till the steam is absolutely out and then open the cooker cover.
- Stir the lamb and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Topped with chopped cilantro and ginger.
If Using a Pan/Pot: cover it using a lid/plate and let this cook on medium-low heat for q0 minutes or until mutton is tender.
Once the lamb is cooked, transfer it to a serving bowl.
Lamb: I use a mix of chops, shank, and other pieces. Also, fresher meat will be tender and juicy to cook than frozen meat.
Cooking Utensil: I prefer cooking this in a 'Pressure Cooker' as it helps me braise the lamb/mutton, which helps tenderize the meat further.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 706Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 1360mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 33g