Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe: an easy and flavorful Mediterranean Chicken recipe using chicken, olives, rosemary, oregano, white wine/chicken stock with butter. Serve with toasted garlic bread for a perfect meal combo. Glutenfree and under 30 minutes meal. This Mediterranean Chicken with Olives can be made using thigh meat and you can also add tomatoes or artichokes too.
Happy Monday Y’ll and I couldn’t wait to share this Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe with you’ll today.
What Makes Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe Different?
The lemony, olives, caramelized onion flavor is what gives this recipe a magical taste.
So refreshing and light, hence it’s perfect for summer meals. I can literally eat it any given day and still crave the next day 😉
Ingredients for the Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe:
- Chicken – skinless and boneless (I’m using chicken breasts but you can use chicken thigs with bones)
- Olives – I’m using a mix of pimento-stuffed green olives and black olives (can use kalmata olives or just one kind of olives too).
- Seasoning – Cayenne, Dry Rosemary, Dry Oregano, Salt
- White Wine – I’m using Chardonnay (you can use any dry white wine or chicken/veggie stock too).
- Red Onion & Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Rosemary
- Parsley – for decoration
Below is the picture of all the ingredients needed for this recipe and I’m using a premium Olive oil for this recipe that enhances the flavor of the olive even further.
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe:
This recipe is extremely easy and ready in under 30 minutes. I’m making this recipe over stovetop but this recipe can even bake this recipe.
Hence it’s made for a perfect weeknight or weekend meal. So here’s how we make the Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe
(for detailed steps, please follow the instructions in recipe card below):
- Season the chicken with seasoning on both sides and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the seasoned chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken (on a paper towel) and in the same pan saute garlic with the onions.
- Add chopped olives (black and green), fresh rosemary and saute.
- Add butter, olive brine and saute everything.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped lemon slices and saute.
- Finally, add the white wine or chicken/vegetable stock and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped rosemary on top.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy
Here are some pictures to show the cooking process:
This is definitely one of those recipes that you are going to crave again and again because of it’s flavors.
Apart from the flavors, the Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe is light and refreshing from the regular chicken recipe.
What Else Can Be Added To This Dish:
Apart from olives, you can also cook this chicken dish with lemons, tomatoes, artichokes, capers or just plain.
Serving Suggestions for the Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe:
I love, I mean extremely love serving this dish with toasted garlic bread. It’s such an amazing combination.
The toasted, buttery garlic bread smothered in this olive+wine sauce is perfection!
Apart from this, I also serve it with:
- Plain cooked Orzo
- Plain rice
- Toasted Flatbread or even lightly toasted Pita bread.
- Dinner Rolls
I would also like to make one more Serving/Plating suggestion for this Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe:
Always serve with cooked olives, caramelized onion sauce and a fresh lemon wedge on the side.
It gives you the best flavors in every bite.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless (you can use chicken thighs with bones too)
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives with Pimento, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives, roughly chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion, thinly chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chardonnay Wine (can substitute with chicken/vegetable broth)
- 1/4 Cup Olives Brine
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Large Lemon, sliced
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary, crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano, crushed
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, add the Seasoning ingredients (rosemary, oregano, salt and cayenne) and mix together. Keep aside.
- Now take a clean plate and place the chicken breasts on it.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pan/skillet and add olive oil.
- Now add the seasoning chicken breasts (all 4) and saute for 2-3 minutes each side till they are fully cooked (they would turn golden brown once cooked).
- Remove the chicken over kitchen/paper towel.
- Heat the same pan with leftover olive oil and add smashed garlic.
- Add chopped red onion and saute for 2 minutes till the onions are golden brown and caramelized.
- Now add the olives (black and green) and saute.
- Add a sprig of fresh rosemary and saute everything.
- Add cooked some more olives, butter, and olive brine. Saute and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped lemons and saute
- Now add the cooked chicken and saute everything.
- Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine or chicken/veggie stock (whatever you are using). Stir and let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add chopped parsley and chopped rosemary sprig.
- Give everything a good mix and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 77g