Hawaiian Hot Dog with Special Sweet-Spicy Yogurt Sauce: yummy Hawaiian hot dog loaded with mango, pineapple, avocado, onions, and a sweet-spicy sauce made with pepper will surely get your summer grilling or any party started. One bite of this goodness will transport you to tropical taste heaven. These Hawaiian Hot Dog with Special Sweet-Spicy Yogurt Sauce are our HOUSE FAV these days and I had to share them ASAP !!!
If, you’ve never had them, then You are DEFINITELY missing out on a fantastic flavor.
It’s a medley of tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, avocado, sausage with few more ingredients on a hot dog bun.
Now, summer is the season of Grill / Outdoor Parties and I’m like forever ready to host or attend a fun party with friends & family which is loaded with favorite summer food.
And I’ve never been to a summer grill party which didn’t serve a Hot Dog….OMG, that thought never crossed my mind ever before !!!We made these Hawaiian Hot Dog for dinner last night and Boy, they were gone in like 10 minutes. We never ate that fast and at least I never ate without talking ever before 😉
If you’re a fan of sweet-spicy flavors then, you NEED to try this gorgeous yumminess.
It’s literally loaded with all the goodies and I made this special sauce using 2 kinds of peppers from Mezzetta (they were already sliced, so saved so much time & I love their tangy-Hot taste).
The peppers in the sauce add just the right amount of heat to the tropical hot dog filling and the result is mind-blowing!To make these Hawaiian Hot Dog Lil’ extra spicy, we added few more of these Mezzetta ‘Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers’ & ‘Deli-Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini’ on top of the Hot-Dogs.
We lightly grilled the sausages (I’m using chicken but feel free to use any kind of sausage) as the smokiness from the grill adds so much flavor.
Also, I feel hot-dogs are such a versatile recipe, you can add or reduce any ingredient and they still taste delicious.
Yet, they are easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser.
I’m definitely making these again for our next Grill Party and hope you try them soon!
Infact, I saved some for my lunch next day and happily gorged on them while everyone else had salad 😉
That’s what I call Make Once – Eat Twice Fun !!!
Until Next Time ~ XoXo
Before, we proceed ahead, here’s some good news, : Giveaway :
Here are the Prizes Details:
Grand Prize (1):
Weber® Spirit® E-310™ gas grill (ARV $499.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
Weber® ORIGINAL KETTLE® 18” charcoal grill (ARV $79.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 8 Sausage - I'm using chicken, you can use as per choice.
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 3 Tbsp Deli-Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini
- 2 Tbsp Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Large Mango - thinly sliced
- 1 Round Slices of Pineapple - thinly sliced
- 1 Large Tomato - thinly sliced
- 1 Large Onion - thinly sliced
- 2 Avocado - thinly sliced
- Mustard - optional
- 1 Tsp Oil - for grilling the sausage
Make the Sweet-Spicy Yogurt Dip:
- Add yogurt, 1 tbsp Jalapeño Peppers, 1 tbsp Golden Greek Peperoncini, pineapple in a food processor and pulse to form a smooth dip.
- - If using a Grill, place sausage on the hot grill and let cook for 1/2 minute each side (or as desired).
- - if cooking on Gas, heat a non-stick, add a little oil, sausage and let cook for a minute on each side (for that extra brown coating).
- Take a hot-dog bun and evenly slather the sweet-spicy yogurt sauce on 1 side.
- Place a cooked sausage, top with mango, tomato, onion, avocado, peppers, and drizzle some more sauce on top.
- Make all the Hawaiian Hot Dogs using the same process.
- Serve Fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 47gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 163gFiber: 19gSugar: 54gProtein: 61g