Brown Butter Sauteed Brussel Sprouts: lightly seasoned and sauteed brussels sprouts in brown butter, sage and a splash of red wine. Super quick, delicious and perfect as Thanksgiving side.
” This Brown Butter Sauteed Brussel Sprouts is my favorite brussels sprout recipe ever”
Ingredients for Brown Butter Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout
- Brown Butter (click for recipe)
- Sage Leaves (optional)
- Red Wine
- Salt + Pepper
- Water – to steam the brussels sprout for few minutes
Now, don’t be shy and I know a couple of you who would be like ‘Seriously’!!
Don’t worry, I was there too and gradually developed a liking to these cute little Brussels sprouts.
I mean you do see it almost everywhere and many times you would think – What is this tiny looking miniature cabbage sorta veggie.
Trust me, I’ve been through all that and would definitely give in to ‘D’ for making me try them.
I still remember the first time we bought them and cooked them lightly and I just ate 1 piece – it was on my plate for the longest time.
But gradually over the years, we tried different recipes and finally stuck with two –
1. The regular, steam and eat (The best & most healthy)
2. Sauteeing it in brown-butter-red wine sauce (It hand’s down tasted best).
And also, everything tastes good with a little wine 😉
How to Make Brown Butter Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
This method is fairly simple, just cut them in halves and steam for 5 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare this gorgeous brown butter – red wine sauce which is so light and smells soooooooo good, I can almost eat it right off the pan.
But hang tight, we are getting there 🙂 Saute the steamed brussel sprouts for 2 minutes, add the sauce, seasoning.
Then saute some more (I like them lightly sauteed, but go ahead and saute some more if you may like).
That’s it, just serve and enjoy with your favorite entree or with just about anything.
I’ve sprinkled them with some cheese, but If you are vegan or don’t want the cheese, it’s absolutely fine and won’t effect the taste at all.
So enjoy this recipe during your holiday parties or just for a cozy night in.
Whenever you cook with Brussels sprouts, it’s important not to over-steam them (more than 5 minutes)
As it begin to emit an unpleasant smell (which many leafy vegetables do)
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 2 Cups Brussel Sprouts - nicely washed
- 4 Cups Water - To steam
- 2 Tbsp Brown Butter
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine - you can use any red wine / marsala wine / sherry
- Few Crushed Sage Leaves
- Salt - as per taste
- Pinch of Pepper
- Cut Brussel sprouts into halves and keep aside.
- Heat 4 cups of water in a large pot/pan.
- Once it starts boiling, add the Brussels sprouts and steam them for 5 minutes (medium heat)
- After 5 minutes, transfer them under cold water to stop any further cooking.
- Strain and keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat brown butter for 1/2 minute.
- Add sage leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Now add wine, salt, pepper, lower the heat to medium and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- The sauce would thicken after 3 minutes, now add the cooked Brussels sprouts.
- Saute the sprouts in wine sauce for about 3-5 minutes on low heat (depending on how brown/sauteed you like them).
- Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle some cheese (optional) and serve hot with choice of entree.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g