Best Ever Pomegranate Pecan Rice Pilaf: delicious vegan-gluten-free rice pilaf made using onion, ginger, pecans, spices and studded with beautiful pomegranate pearls. It’s a MUST on Thanksgiving or Christmas or can be a great side dish in any of your party menus.
This Pomegranate Pecan Rice Pilaf is one of my MOST requested vegan dishes on the Holiday menu. Be it Thanksgiving, Christmas or even New Year’s eve dinner.
It tastes amazing, looks stunning, and pairs well with all kinds of other recipes on your menu.
Also, with so many other laborious dishes/preps for the Holidays, this recipe is fairly easy to make and pleases everyone.
What You Need for Pomegranate Pecan Rice Pilaf:
Spices: All-Spice, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Star Anise
” The combination of pecans with pomegranate is DIVINE “
And then mixing it with pecans, flavorful spices and I made this one using vegetable stock (you can use water too). The Pomegranate Pecan Rice seriously tastes heavenly.
No seriously, imagine biting into those delicious red jewel-like poms arils along with nutty pecans and melt-in-your-mouth rice —-Totally Yummm!!!
How to Make Pomegranate Pecan Rice Pilaf:
The recipe is fairly simple, you just need to cook rice, spices, and pecans along with vegetable stock or water, and then once the rice is cooked.
Just add heaps of fresh pomegranate seeds and mix the rice using a fork (gently).
The key to the Pomegranate Pecan Rice is mixing the pomegranate lightly once the pilaf is ready.
If you push or add any force, the pom arils will blister and that will make your rice look kinda mush and a weird red color that no one wants to eat.
Now here’s a TIP:
If you plan to make this dish for a potluck or even an office lunch, just keep the pomegranate separately and mix just before serving.
So, go ahead and enjoy the Pomegranate Pecan Rice recipe.
As always, I would love to hear back from you – just use #easycookingwithmolly and tag my recipes made by you.
* Happy Cooking and Be Healthy *
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice - use any variety you like
- 1 Large Onion - thinly chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste - optional
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock - can you water too
- 1 Large Pomegranate - deseeded
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil - you can use any light oil
- 2 Large Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 5 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise - optional
- 2 Tsp Salt - use as per taste
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala - optional
- Rinse rice in a mesh colander under hot water for a minute and keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat for a minute.
- Add all whole spices and saute.
- Now add onions, ginger paste and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till onions become golden.
- Add, rice, pecans, powdered spice and saute for a minute.
- Now, pour the vegetable stock or water in it, cover the pan and let cook for 15 minutes or till rice is evenly cooked. (Please check the rice every 5 minutes to prevent from burning).
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and let stand for a minute.
- Fluff the rice using a fork.
- Now add the pomegranate arils/seeds and mix lightly using a fork.
- Transfer to a serving dish/bowl and serve fresh or cold as per choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g