Chicken Keema Matar Recipe (Indian Chicken Mince Curry) – popular Indian chicken keema curry recipe made using ground chicken, peas and curry spices. It’s perfect for brunches/lunch or quick meal. Serve with Roti/Naan/Bread or Rice.
Chicken Keema Matar | Indian Chicken Keema Curry | Chicken Keema RecipeWe are making a hot bowl of Chicken Keema Matar, also popularly known as Indian Chicken Keema (I’m literally drooling writing about it as it’s that yummmm)!
What is Indian Chicken Keema Matar?
It’s a dish where ground chicken is cooked with everyday Indian spices along, peas and yogurt.
The main differentiator in this curry and regular curry is the addition of yogurt which makes it creamier and enhances the flavor.The Chicken Keema Matar is one of those comfort food recipes that reminds me of my childhood days and weekend lunches at home with friends and family.
Because of its mild taste, it is loved equally by all age group and is a perfect recipe for weekend brunches or even a dinner for two.
Growing up, I loved having it with a bowl of steamed rice but over the years, I enjoy it more with Indian Roti. It’s also one of that dish, that can be made over the weekend and then enjoyed for 2-3 days.
Or kept in the freezer for a week. Just thaw it in the fridge a night before you want to use.
Storing Chicken Keema :
This version of the Chicken Keema Matar recipe is mild, you can add more spices and chili as per choice
And serve it with bread/steamed rice or any other choice of sides.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
:: You May Also Like ::
- 1/2 Kg Ground Chicken
- 1 Cup Peas - Fresh or frozen
- 2 Large Onions - Thinly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro - chopped
- 2 Tbsp Yogurt - Whisked
- 1 Bay Leaf (Optional)
- 3 Green Cardamom(Crushed)
- 5 Cloves
- 6-7 Black Pepper Corns
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt - As per taste
- In a deep pan, heat oil on high flames.
- Add all whole spices, store and reduce the heat to low.
- Now, add chopped onions and sauté till golden brown(Takes about 5 minutes on medium heat)
- Add, ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add, ground chicken, peas and saute everything evenly.
- Cover the pan with lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 6 minutes (stir every minutes).
- After 6 mins, remove the lid (the meat should have tenderized by now), add all powdered spices and cover cook for another 5 minutes.
- After cooking the meat with all the spices, it would tenderize and give a flavorful aroma of spices.
- Now, add yogurt, sauté evenly and cook covered on low heat for another 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, add water, stir everything and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, decorate with yogurt and fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 283 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 38g Cholesterol: 183mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 10g Protein: 50g