Egg Vindaloo – Spicy Egg Curry: Extremely popular fusion egg curry recipe from Goa (India) using eggs, spices and tomato curry. Pairs well with bread/naan or rice.
It is also known as one of the hottest curry available because of the use of peppercorns and chilies.
And today, I get to make it using the Vindaloo curry powder made by “Spicely Organics” an organic spice company in San Francisco which sells spices, tea, and chocolates.
I was approached by them a few months back and was sent their “SpiceBox Gift Set” to try (My next post will be a detailed review of their product).
What is Egg Vindaloo?
Now, Vindaloo from our Egg Vindaloo is derived from a Portuguese recipe for meat (pork/rabbit) cooked with wine and garlic.
But in India, the recipe was changed to meat with spices, vinegar, and sugar (replacing wine).
How is the Egg Vindaloo Paste Made?
The Vindaloo curry paste is prepared by slow roasting different spices like:
And then powdered to a fine consistency. Non-meat eaters usually make it with potatoes or eggs.
Here’s the recipe for you’ll to try and you can make it spicier or milder depending on your choice by adding more or less of the curry powder.
Vindaloo Seasoning (Powder)
I hope you try this Egg Vindaloo – Spicy Egg Curry soon and you can serve it with rice or any kind of grain or bread.
:: You May Also Like ::
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 4 Large Hard Boiled Eggs – Shelled and Cleaned.
- 1 Large White Onion – Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove – Washed and cleaned
- 1 Small Piece Ginger – Washed and cleaned
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar – You can use any sugar or skip this ingredient
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Cilantro/Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped -For
- Decoration – Optional
- 11/2 Tbsp Vindaloo Curry Powder – “Spicely Organics”
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder – I’m using Kashmiri Chili, You can use
- any red chili or omit this ingredient.
- 1 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
- In a Food Processor, add onion, garlic, ginger and blend/pulse to a thick smooth paste. (Takes about a minute)
- • Heat oil in a large pan, add the onion paste, saute for a minute and cover the lid(Reduce the heat to low and let the paste cook for about 2 minutes).
- • After 2 minutes, uncover the lid, sauté the onion paste (which would have turned slightly golden brown).
- • Now add the listed spices, give it a good mix, cover and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- • Open the cover, add water, sugar, vinegar, mix one more time, cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the water is reduced and you see oil separating on the sides.
- • Turn off the heat, transfer in serving dish.
- • Now place shelled and cleaned hard boiled eggs on the curry, sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot with rice / roti / bread.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 389 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 28g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 358mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 27g
Disclaimer: I was provided the gift box by Spicely Organics to try and review. No other financial compensation was given. The opinion expressed here are my own – Thanks.