|Spicy Tomato Soup|
Fall has finally arrived after an excruciating hot week !!!
And so have arrived all the fabulous soup/sandwiches/one pot meal recipes. I think fall/winter makes us appreciate hot/warm food more than any other time.
So here’s a simple recipe for a “Spicy Tomato Soup”, Enjoy !!!
Serving Suggestion: Can be served chilled or hot along with bread.
Pot with lid OR Pressure Cooker (makes it easier n faster to cook)
Mixer with jar – for pureeing the soup
Medium size thin strainer
|Boiled Veggies just before blending|
4 Large Tomato – I’m using seedless roma tomato, you can use
any variety available.
¼ Piece of Carrot – Washed
1 Large Clove of Garlic –
Peeled n cleaned
4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Cilantro
1 Small piece of Fresh
Ginger – It should be around half a spoon
1½ Cup water (2 tbsp less)
2 Tsp Salt (As per your taste)
½ Tsp Cumin Seed
2 Tbsp of Ketchup
1 Tsp Hot Sauce
- In a pressure cooker, add all the mentioned ingredients except the ketchup and hot sauce.
- Put the pressure cooker on high flame and wait till 3whistles, switch off the heat. (If using a pan, boil everything with lid on till tomatoes are tender).
- Once the boiled tomatoes are warm to touch, peel the outer skin.
- Now put everything in a mixer jar and blend to a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree in the same pressure cooker (without using lid), add ketchup, hot sauce, bring to a
boil and switch off the heat. (It will be a slightly chunky soup hence you may or maynot strain it before serving)
- Serve Hot or Cold as desired.