Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad: a vegan, glutenfree and warm detox salad with sesame, ginger and orange dressing.
The Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad is crunchy and packed with healing/detox properties.
It’s perfect for lunch or as a side for Chinese New Year brunches/meals.
This Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad is helping us BIG Time achieve that 3rd week of our ‘New Year New You’ goal !!!
It’s not only keeping us warm & cozy during this cold/rainy winter storm but helping us detox too.
So, definitely what I call a ‘2-in-1’ remedy and it’s super delicious too (which is a total Win Win).
Now, we looooove Chinese salad and have had it in many restaurants, parties and even made a lot of versions at home.
But this Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad or you can simply call ‘Chinese Cabbage Salad’ by far Tops that chart.
What make’s it different from the regular salads :
This salad is served warm (the dressing is heated in the microwave and then poured when you are ready to eat).
This is Vegan, Glutenfree & free from any kind of additional sugar (sweetener)
2 Minute Microwavable “Sesame, Ginger and Orange Dressing” is just divine and so soothing.
The good news is that you can prep the salad (veggies) separately and the dressing separately.
Store everything in an air-tight jar/boxes in the fridge and simply mix when ready to serve.
Hence, you can store this in the fridge for a week and make it a part of your #mealplan menu
Still wondering ‘How is it Detoxifying’?
1– Because of Cabbage, which does double duty: Cabbage is rich in sulfur, helping our liver break down toxins.
Cabbage has excellent diuretic properties, which again help system flush toxins out of the body easily.
2– Ginger: which also is a great diuretic and toxin cleanser
3– Orange: helps the body with Vitamin C, which helps body rejuvenate and fight infections.
So, a mix of detox with fighting infection, this Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad is tasty as well as great for the overall body.
Now, instead of topping it with Chinese wonton bits, I’ve topped the salad with sliced toasted almonds, sesame seeds and peanuts.
The crunch is amazing and along with the fresh veggies and warm dressing, this is JUST the THING our body needs in a cold winter.
If you are fighting the flu or not keeping that well, feeling blues, this is an absolutely hearty and healthy meal.
Storing the Salad:
You can store the salad in the fridge in the fridge for a week.
Simply store the shredded/sliced veggies in 1 container and the dressing in another container.
When ready to serve, microwave the dressing, pour over the shredded/sliced veggies and top with nuts/greens.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Carrots - thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion - thinly sliced
- 3 Stalks Fresh Cilantro - thinly sliced
- 2 Stalks Green Onions - thinly chopped
- 1 Orange - peeled, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Light Sodium Free Soy Sauce
- Pepper - as per taste
- Salt - as per taste
! Make the Dressing:
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Whisk everything together and microwave for about 2 minutes.
! Make the Warm Detox Chinese Cabbage Salad:
- Take a large dish.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots, onion and mix evenly.
- Now, add chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Add almonds, peans, sesame seed and mix everything using a fork or salad tongs.
- Pour the warm dressing and toss the salad to mix the dressing.
- Serve immediately or you can let this stay for 2-3 minutes till the veggies becomes slightly warm.
* You can store the shredded veggies and dressing separately for later use in the fridge.
Amount Per ServingCalories 103 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 386mg Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 4g Sugar 8g Protein 3g