I’ve partnered with California Almonds on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.
Strawberry Almond Smoothie Bowl – Vegan & Gluten-free is a creamy and delicious anytime snack or light breakfast that’s ready in 3 minutes and looks equally gorgeous. We are making them this month to celebrate love, health, and happiness.
Hi Everyone and hope your day is going great. I know a lot of you would be gearing up to celebrate Valentines Day but did you know that February is a month filled with many more celebrations like Almond Day (Feb 16) along with American Heart Month and National Snacking Month.
Who knew right? I’m specifically more excited as I love almonds and heart-healthy snacks and I’m already envisioning so many healthy yum to celebrate all these occasions.
So, to start I’m making this super easy, healthy and absolutely delicious Strawberry Almond Smoothie Bowl .
Almonds, it’s one thing that I’ve been eating since I was a child and this was all thanks to my Mom.
From the initial days, she insisted on eating healthy and snacking right, so she made sure my breakfasts and snacks always had some almonds in it.
So we had them toasted, mixed with recipes and all possible ways. And we all know that almonds are healthy to consume as they provide us with fiber, protein and healthy fats for a great mind and body.
As you all might know, I love snacking and always striving to make some really quick yet healthy snacking recipes as who doesn’t love a quick snack. Something that not only satiates the hunger but is also delicious…..and did I say look pretty too (we do eat with our eyes).
So what better way to include health+beauty+taste together than this gorgeous ‘Strawberry Almond Smoothie Bowl’. After all that holiday eating, I’m trying to keep my snacks as light as possible hence I’m leaning more towards vegan & gluten-free options these days.
Now, Did You Know: New research shows that a healthy handful of whole or chopped almonds provides up to 25% fewer calories than previously thought, compared to the number of calories listed on nutrition labels.
Recent research shows crunching on 1.5 ounces of almonds daily curbs appetite without increasing calorie intake or body weight.
A lot of you keep asking me for easy snack recipes and I feel there’s nothing easier than a smoothie bowl. Just blend your favorite fruit+dairy/non-dairy or juice together and add your favorite toppings.
In fact, it’s one of my favorite recipes when I’ve friends over…as they also love smoothie bowl, so we blend some quick thick smoothies and add our desired toppings and off we go with our chitter chatter.
So, when a friend asked me for a quick Valentine’s day started a recipe for 2, I suggested this Strawberry Almond Smoothie Bowl – it’s pink, healthy and perfect way to start the day with someone you love.
Did you know that you get a lot of nutrition from every California Almond – just 1 ounce (28 grams):
- Is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Provides 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber.
- Is a source of calcium (8% DV), potassium (6% DV), phosphorus (15% DV), and iron (6% DV).
- Has 13 grams of “good” unsaturated fat.
- Has only 1 gram of saturated fat.
- Is naturally gluten-free and cholesterol-free.
Before I leave, here are some useful ways to incorporate more crunchy and delicious almonds into your diet:
- Snacks on a handful in the car
- Keep them at your desk to crunch out the afternoon crash
- Toss them in your gym bag for briefcase
- Add them to your meals throughout the day to add hearty crunch and unique flavor.
Learn more about Almond Month, get recipes and nutrition tips at here
Until Next Time ~ XoXo
:: You May Also Like ::
DID YOU TRY MY RECIPE – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly +@easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –> As I Loooove to see you recreate my recipes.
- 1 Cup Strawberries - fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Almonds - crushed
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk - you may take any other milk of choice
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Almonds
- 1 Chopped Strawberries
- 1 Tsp Chocolat Chips
- 2 Tsp Coconut Flakes - sweetened or unsweetened as per choice
- 2 Tbsp Granola
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream - optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse to form a smoothie.
- Turn off the blender and transfer the smoothie into 2 bowls.
- Add toppings as per choice.
- Drizzle with coconut cream
- Serve Immediately
Amount Per ServingCalories 913 Total Fat 73g Saturated Fat 51g Sodium 62mg Carbohydrates 65g Sugar 41g Protein 14g