Quick Pumpkin Spice Rice Pudding is a creamy pudding recipe with a pumpkin pie spice flavors along with cranberries and almonds. Made under 20 minutes, It’s your perfect goto dessert for delightful moments to be enjoyed with family and friends this holidays. Winter is finally here and we are so loving the slight nip in the air, cozy sweaters and winter food delight. Did I mention it’s my also favorite season and my favorite ‘Pumpkin Pie Spice‘ flavor is everywhere I mean I’m one super with this flavor and like it in most of my winter food especially coffee. My winter mornings start with a fresh, crisp cup of coffee flavored with pumpkin pie spice which super charge me to proceed with rest of the day.
So during our last visit to Walmart, I came across these holiday inspired liquid creamers by ‘International Delight‘ and they had a wide range to choose from:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Creamy swirl of season spice flavors inspired by pumpkin pie
- Peppermint Mocha: A rich taste of chocolate meets festive peppermint flavor
- Frosted Sugar Cookie: The sweet taste of home in a rich, creamy swirl inspired by cookies and frosting
- White Chocolate Raspberry: Smooth white chocolate flavor and the luscious taste of ripe raspberries
So, after piling my cart with pumpkin pie spice flavor in quart size and also bought a new ‘peppermint mocha‘ flavor to try. I also brought single serve creamer in pumpkin pie spice. Once home, I quickly stocked everything in the kitchen cabinets and just like an excited child with a new candy, I made ourself fresh coffee with the new creamers. And as we were talking about a coming holiday party, an idea struck that why not use the pumpkin pie spice creamer for the rice pudding (which was my contribution to the holiday gathering). It fits in perfectly with our party theme and we had all the other needed ingredients…..Bingo!!
Who doesn’t like a rich, creamy rice pudding and I’m going to enhance the flavors further by adding pumpkin spice, cranberries and almonds. The recipe is very simple and made on stovetop in under 20 minutes (serving 4 people). If you have pre-cooked rice, it even simplifies it further and saves you time.What’s best about this recipe is that it tastes even more delicious if you make it a night before and keep it in fridge. And when you make it, the kitchen smells oh so yummm…reminds me of childhood days when Mom used to make her special Rice Pudding laden with dry fruits. You can serve it hot or cold depending on your choice but I like to eat it cold with some fresh whipped cream, sprinkled cranberries, almonds on top and dash of cinnamon powder. It tastes like Heaven!
I have not added any extra pumpkin pie spice powder/seasoning as the creamer has just the right taste for us but if you want, feel free to add some more seasoning.
Next time, you visit Walmart, make sure to check the International Delight Creamers (quart size) in the refrigerator or large refrigerated display bin section where they keep all the dairy items and the single serve creamers can be found in the coffee aisle. Do stop by International Delight page and take a look at The Spirit of the Season UGC contest which gives you a chance to Win $5000. You can find more delicious recipes here and I would LOVE to hear about your favorite holiday recipes.
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 6 Tbsp Crushed Almonds
- 3 Tsp Chopped Dried Cranberries
- 5 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (You may use sugar substitute)
- 3 Cups Water - to make rice
- Bring water to boil and add rice.
- Stir evenly, reduce the heat to low and let cook for 5-6 minutes or till rice is cooked
- Remove from stove, strain the rice.
- Boil milk along with cinnamon sticks, almonds and cranberries.
- Add cooked rice, pumpkin pie spice creamer and reduce the heat to minimum.
- Let cook for 3 minutes (Stir every minute).
- (You may add condense milk at this time and cook for another minute).
- Turn off the heat.
- If you want to eat it hot, then sprinkle with some chopped nuts and serve immediately.
- For serving cold : transfer into bowls, add done whipped cream, sprinkle with almond and cranberries. Dunk Some cinnamon sticks, sprinkle some cinnamon powder and Serve chilled.