Stir Fry Spicy Green Beans: is an easy stir-fry green beans with Chinese flavors.
They can be enjoyed with rice, noodles or bread and can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
At our home, we love to eat Indo-Chinese food….If you haven’t tried it or heard of it, it’s a combination of Chinese- Indian ingredients and spices.
The results are usually very spicy and slightly oily dishes which are extremely delicious.
But since they are so oily, we seldom eat it outside and I’m always trying to come up with slightly less oily dishes that tastes equally good.
One such favorite recipe of ours is Stir Fry Spicy Green Beans and I would have made it a million times by now…okay not million but tons 🙂
As we all know, green beans are a rich source of antioxidants too 😉
Now, the recipe is very simple and we steam it for 2-3 minutes and then use it in stir-fry.
This gives it that extra crunch and makes the green color even more beautiful.
This is also a great recipe to try in the Indo-Chinese dishes as it involves very less spices.
You can definitely add or reduce the spice level as per taste.
If you are in a hurry, you can skip steaming the beans and use the fresh beans instead in the stir-fry.
If you don’t have fresh beans, you can use canned string beans too, simply drain out the preservative water or brine.
Keep it under running water for 2 minutes to drain any excess of salt.
We usually enjoy this recipe with a steaming bowl of rice or quinoa however it goes with noodles and bread too.
And who says eating veggies is boring? Try this recipe and let me know how did you like it?
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 1 Cup Fresh Beans – Cleaned and cut off the tips from both end
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 Tsp Fresh Garlic – Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Chili Sauce – I’m using Sambal brand, you may use any chili sauce as per choice
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt – As per taste
- In a large pan, add water and bring to a boil (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add fresh green beans, let it simmer for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Throw the hot water and add ice to the hot beans and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove any left over water from the beans and wrap them in a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- In a wok, add oil and heat it for a minute.
- Now add crushed garlic and stir it for a minute.
- Add chili sauce and sauté everything for a minute.
- Increase the heat to high, add steamed green beans and stir fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add, Vinegar, soy sauce and stir fry for a minute.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with choice of rice or bread
Amount Per ServingCalories 166 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 805mg Carbohydrates 17g Fiber 3g Sugar 7g Protein 4g