|Sriracha Tofu Fritters|
During one of our Costco visit, we accidentally checkout two boxes of organic tofu YaY.
Now, we do love tofu but have a wholesale amount of tofu stored into the fridge was a different situation all together.
And with a crazy outdoorsy weekend already planned (I mean look at the gorgeous weather) we didn’t do much with it until Sunday morning, when I decided to make “Sriracha Tofu Fritters” for breakfast!
Oh my God, you literally have to taste to believe it, they are absolutely melt in your mouth crunchy fritters with a slight kick of heat due to sriracha – AWESOME. I used one box initially for this recipe, but they were gone the second out of the fryer, so ended up using two boxes and made it into a meal with some sauteed seasonal veggies and chilled lemonade. It was delicious and pretty light to have. They were prepared in less than 20 minutes and kept your tummy full for a good 3-4 hours.
Do try and make them soon and let me know how you liked them…..meanwhile I’m gonna think of some more fun ideas to use them in. Happy Monday ~ Enjoy & Share
with favorite Dip / Sauce
¼ Cup Water – For making the paste
may use peanut oil or vegetable oil too)
This process eliminates any excess water from tofu and make’s it even firmer and crispier when fried.
- In saucepan/deep fryer, heat canola oil on high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, add flour, semolina, seasoning and water to make a think smooth batter(takes about 2 minutes).
- Now, unwrap the tofu and cut into desired shape and thickness (I’ve made 8 triangle)
- Dip the tofu pieces in the thick batter (The batter needs to be thick and cling to tofu)
- Now, lightly drop the batter wrapped tofu into the hot oil and reduce the heat to medium (You can use a spoon or fork to drop the battered tofu into hot oil).
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown.
- Using the slotted spoon, remove the fritters from pan into a fresh, dry kitchen towel.
- Keep the fritters on kitchen towel for few seconds (To soak any excess oil)
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Serve Hot.