Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Cup: made using strawberry, almond, quinoa, and plant protein. Extremely easy cups that makes breakfast a dream. V+GF
These delicious and everyone’s favorite Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Breakfast Cup were part of our Mother’s Day brunch at home yesterday!!And I had to share this easy-peasy recipe with you. These cuties were gone even before everyone sat down for the meal as we couldn’t stop nibbling on them !!!
It was a perfect sunny-breezy …. typical California day yesterday and these cups made an excellent centerpiece for the breakfast brunch.
We got a huge batch of organic farmers market strawberry and they were absolutely perfect in these Frozen Strawberry Smoothie cup.
Ingredients for the Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Cup:
These cups are extremely easy to make and we used the following:
Cups Base: Mix of almond + roasted quinoa.
Smoothie Ingredients: coconut, almond and a scoop of plant protein.
You can definitely drink up the smoothie as is too but they Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Cup make an excellent anytime breakfast.
Process to Make the Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Cup:
Making the Smoothie Base:
To make the base/cups, you can simply grind almonds + quinoa together, spray a mini muffin cup with olive oil spray and press a scoop of this almond mix in each mold.
Then add smoothie on top and freeze for 2-3 hrs.
Once frozen, gently tap the mini muffin cups upside down and these Frozen Strawberry Smoothie cup slide out really easily.
I topped them with some slivered almond, quinoa and dry rose petal for a beautiful display. Finally added some frozen blueberry on top and served up for Mother’s Day brunch.
:: You May Also Like ::
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberry - washed and cleaned
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - I'm using a plant protein powder
- 1 Tbsp Decoration / Toppings of Choice
- 1 Tsp Blueberries - frozen or fresh
Base Ingredients / Cups:
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Quinoa
Making the Base/Cups:
- Blend almond and quinoa till they form a smooth mix.
- Remove and add 1 Tsp coconut Milk in it (this helps them form a cup shape in molds).
- Spray a mini muffin tray with oil.
- Add 2 Tbsp of this almond mix and press with spoon.
- Keep in freezer for 10 minutes.
How to Make Frozen Strawberry Smoothie & Freezing the Cups:
- Add the smoothie ingredient in a blender and pulse to mix everything evenly into a smooth mixture.
- Add each mini muffin cups with this smoothie till top.
- Keep in freezer for 2-3 hrs or till completely frozen.
Serving the Cups:
- Remove the muffin tray from freezer and turn it upside down on a slab.
- Gently tap to release the cups from mold.
- Place the Frozen Strawberry Smoothie Cups on a serving tray.
- Sprinkle with favorite topping and serve immediately.
- You can place these frozen cups in a ziplock and use as and when needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g