Winter Vegetable Soup (Healthy & Glutenfree) is a hearty combination of health and taste. Winter Vegetable Soup is a perfect mix of colorful winter vegetable with herbs.
Today I wanted to share with you’ll my favorite goto Winter Vegetable Soup (Healthy & Glutenfree).
It is extremely easy to prepare and you can use all those leftover vegetables in the fridge before your next grocery purchase.
I’ve used the seasonal winter veggies like zucchini, carrots, pumpkin and few more along with herbs like bay leaf, cloves and a little bit of thyme.
You can add or reduce any of these seasonal winter veggies and use the ones you like the most.
However, I’d insist, you keep the herbs unchanged for healing benefits.
Important TIP when Using Whole Herbs in Soup
Always, place the herbs in a muslin cloth and make a knot.
This way, you can get all the flavors of the herbs and they don’t show in your soup.
This is a great tip, if you have a picky eater and they don’t like seeing herbs floating in the soup.
All the vegetables used in this soup are fresh but you can use frozen vegetables too.
It can be made in a big batch to serve as an appetizer or pair it along with some toasted bread for a complete meal.
You can make it a day in advance.
So go ahead and enjoy this warm winter vegetable soup.
You Can Also Try These Soup Recipes:
Healing Tomato Carrot Turmeric Soup
Easy Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
Connect with Me Here: Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram
Prep Time 1 minute
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 2 Carrots - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Zucchini - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin - Chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Purple Cabbage - Thinly chopped (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Water
- Muslin Cloth (Optional)
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Small Sprig of Thyme (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper - As per taste
- Place all the herbs in muslin cloth and tie a knot.
- In a deep pan, heat butter for 1/2 minute.
- Add all the vegetables and saute on medium flames for about 2 minutes
- Now add the the muslin cloth containing herbs, salt, pepper and water.
- Cook this over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the muslin cloth containing herbs.
- Pour in bowls, decorate with cabbage and serve hot.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 185mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 2g