Quinoa Potato Patties Recipe (Vegan & Glutenfree): a mix of quinoa with potatoes, spices and herbs. Extremely delicious and perfect for snacks, stuffing in burger/wraps, or serve as is.
“Quinoa” is the magic word of the season….You must have heard about it from friends, family, stores, media or somewhere or the other……
Although it recently came into limelight however quinoa has been around since 3000yrs back.
It is a species of the ‘grain-like crop’ grown primerly for it’s seed (Chenopodium) and is closely related to beetroots, spinach n more.
It’s also “Gluten Free” hence great for vegans, lactose intolerant n more.
Also high in protein, amino acids and calcium….kind of a SUPER FOOD :))
Well enough gyan, coming back to the main topic, on the occasion of Krishna Janamasthmi, wanted to make something vegan hence this recipe.
Since it’s gluton free hence we have to combine quinoa with a little bit of potato & chestnut flour to make it bindable.
PS: Quinoa falls in the same family of Ramdana (Amaranth) which is eaten during fasts/vrat.
Quinoa Potato Patties
Ingredients for Quinoa Potato Patties Recipe
Method to Make Quinoa Potato Patties Recipe
- Grind coriander leaves, ginger and green chilies in a food mixer/grinder. Keep aside (Green Paste)
- In a large bowl, mix green paste along with all the ingredients except oil.
- Now mix/knead this mixture for 1-2minutes to evenly combine all the ingredients.
- Make medium round tikki’s/cakes. (Makes approx 10 medium size tikki’s)
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a nonstick pan on high for 1-2min.
- Now place 4-5 tikki’s on the heated pan and cook evenly. Each side takes 2-3min (Medium brown in color)
- Follow the above step to cook rest of the tikki’s/cakes.
- Serve Hot.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>