Lemony desserts have always been a FAV of most of us and whenever we think of lemons & desserts, there is a news flash kind of image of “Lemon Tarts“……Sounds Yummmmmm & I can even taste the tangy sweet cream-curd filled tart (:
B U T the thing which always made me postponing from making it was the LEMON CURD !!!
It just looked too complicated and involved double boiler…….envisioning a scrambled egg 🙁
So it continued this way till this year’s Valentines……for which I finally ended up making a “Lemon Tart” with not only the scary lemon curd but also chocolate hearts ((:
So Loooooooong Story Short, here’s the Curd Recipe…….For all of those just like me, TRY it once, its really easy if you are Careful over the double boiler part……Now the ONLY problem was not eating the curd all at once but using it for the actual dessert ;))
Easy and Quick Lemon Curd
juice makes the curd bitter
- In a stainless steel bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Heat the deep pan with ¾ water on high heat, place the stainless steel bowl with egg mixture. (Making sure the water below the steel bowl doesn’t touch it, we are just going to use the steam from water to make curd. BE CAREFUL AS excess steam/heat CAN TURN mixture into SCRAMBLE)
- Now stir the egg mixture constantly for a min, reduce the heat and keep stirring(To prevent curdling) until the mixture becomes thick (** like custard). This usually takes 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter, lemon zest and let cool.
- Once cooled, it will become further thick.
- You can store this in a clean jar for upto a week in fridge or use immediately.