SNACKS !!! Isn’t it a delicious word ….. the moment we say it, our mind starts a visual journey of all the yummy, salty, sweet, fried, spicy n endless combinations of snack we might have ever seen or eaten …… and most of the times we end up eating too much of it with an almost immediate giult trip ….. You know what I’m saying !So here’s a snack which is pretty healthy (low fat – high protein), easy to make, crunchy and can be stored for upto 2-3weeks in air tight containers.
|Oven Roasted Chickpeas – Spicy n Savory|
It even serves as a great option to carry along in small bags/ziplock.
* Also, it’s a great way of utilizing extra cooked beans on hand
NOTE: I’m keeping them low in salt n spice, please add/reduce flavouring as per choice.
- Place the cooked garbanzo beans on the baking tray and coat them evenly with oil.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, toss the beans and bake them for another 20 minutes. (Now the beans should be crunchy)
- Take the tray out of the oven, sprinkle the baked beans with spices and toss everything together.
- Cool and serve as it is or with chopped onions/tomato.