Tandoori Vegetables: your favorite vegetables roasted in a pan using Tandoori mix. Simple and easy recipe with delicious flavor.
‘Tandoori Vegetable’ is nothing but vegetables roasted in a spicy-flavorful Tandoori spices.
“Tandoori” is a traditional form of cooking in which the food(meat, veggies or bread) is slowly cooked/roasted in a cylindrical clay oven using a special blend of spices.
Resulting in very delicately cooked, juicy and aromatic food.
It is a very popular cuisine in a North-western part of India along with our northern neighboring countries.
Here’s the recipe for “Roasted Vegetables in Tandoori Spices / Tandoori Vegetables” using tandoori spices that can be made in our home kitchen.
Serving Suggestion: Can be served with Roti’s or Rice
– Tools –
1 Large nonstick wok/pan
1 Large Bowl – For Marinating the Veggies
Cling Wrap/Foil – To cover the large bowl
– Ingredients –
1 Cup Plain Yogurt – Make sure the yogurt is thick
¼ Cup Water
7 Tbsp Olive Oil – Use oil of your choice/taste
2-4 Drops Orange Food Color
2 Tbsp Flour – You can use whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Ginger+Garlic Paste
2 Large Red Bell Peppers
– Chopped into bite size pieces
2 Large Tomatoes – Chopped into bite size pieces
6-7 Asparagus – Chopped into bite size pieces
8-9 Green Beans – Chopped into bite size pieces
– Tandoori Spice Mix –
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ Tsp Clove Powder
¼ Tsp Green Cardamom Powder
¼ Tsp Cinnamon Powder
¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
– Method –
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, water, ginger+garlic paste.
- Then add 2Tbsp oil, flour and mix everything together till a smooth paste is formed.
- Now add the powdered spices to this paste along with orange food color and mix thoroughly till everything is well combined.
- Add the chopped vegetables to this mix and wrap the bowl with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the marinated vegetables for 40-60min. (This step is very important as it lets vegetables soak in the spices and also if the mix is kept outside it will leave water)
Roasting the Veggies:
- Heat a nonstick pan on high with 2tbsp of oil.
- once the oil is heated reduce the flames to medium and add ¼ of the marinated vegetables in it.
- Saute it for 3-5min, turning vegetables on both sides to make sure its evenly cooked and not
burnt. (Add more oil/sprinkle little water if the surface of the pan starts to burn)
- Follow step-6, till all vegetables are cooked.
- Serve Hot along with rice/roti/bread.