“Aloo Tikki” is my favorite homemade Indian snack/appetizer. Learn to make soft, delicious and quick tikki in no time.
( Indian potato cakes snack made using boiled potatoes along with spices )
To make these Aloo Tikki, all you need is some boiled potato, very basic spices (available in most of our kitchens) and yogurt. So here we go !!!!
Can be served as an appetizer OR accompanied with main entree
1 Large nonstick pan
1 Medium Bowl
1 Large Flat Plate
Cling Wrap OR Foil
Ingredients for Aloo Tikki:
5 Large Boiled Potatoes – Peeled
2 Green Chilies – Deseeded and thinly chopped
½ Cup Coriander – Thinly chopped
2 Tbsp Flour – You may use All Purpose or Whole Wheat
1 Tbsp Corn Flour/Starch – Optional
1 Tbsp Dry Mango Powder – If unavailable, use 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
2 Tsp Salt
¼ Cup Oil
Process to Make Aloo Tikki :
- In a medium bowl, mash
the boiled potatoes using a fork and add all the above ingredients. Make a
smooth mixture making sure everything is nicely incorporated.
- Make 20 round patties/tikki’s, keep on a flat plate and cover using cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30minutes. (This step helps binds the Tikki’s together)
- Heat the large nonstick pan over medium flame, brush with oil and place 5-6 tikki’s at a time.
- Let it cook for 2min, turn to the other side and cook till both sides are cooked and brown in color.
Follow this step till all tikki’s are cooked. (Pic 2)
- Place the Tikki’s in a flat serving plate, pour some beaten yogurt on it.
- Pour 1tsp of tamarind sauce.
- Sprinkle some red chili and cumin powder for decoration. Serve Hot. (Pic 1)