10 Mins Warm Spicy Soba Noodles is a delicious blend of healthy, vegan and glutenfree noodles with lightly sauteed mixed vegetables, sprinkle of some sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. This perfect bowl of yum not only looks gorgeous but also absolutely easy to make.
I had been so intrigued by ‘Soba Noodles‘ after a quick stopover in Tokyo while my trip to India. On my quest to eat a healthy-light meal while traveling, I came across this delicious warm combo of freshly prepared soba noodles with miso soup in the airport lounge.
The bowl looked so cute and gave me an instant home cooked meal taste (right in the airport, what more could I ask). The moment I landed back home, my only regret was forgetting to ask the lady where could I grab some of these noodles. So the quest began and after 2-3 months, I finally laid my hands over some really good variety of soba noodles – Bam!
Oh, I completely forgot, before we go ahead with the recipe, here are some details on what the noodles are all about. Soba Noodles are thin buckwheat noodles from Japan, where ‘Soba’ means ‘buckwheat‘ (kuttu-as we call it in India).
Since they are made of buckwheat, they have a naturally nutty flavor/taste. These noodles are a perfect option for you if you’re eating Glutenfree/Vegan and the noodles contain eight essential amino acids, making it absolutely healthy. You can find more info here: Soba
The cooking instructions is the same as any noodles, bring water to a boil and add noodles to it. Let it boil for 5-6 minutes and drain the hot water and they are ready to use.
In Japan, they are eaten cold or hot depending on the season and once the noodles are cooked, you can add any ingredients of choice and eat them as salad / stir fry / soup or any way you like….the possibilities are endless.
For this particular Warm Spicy Soba Noodles recipe, we are using mixed vegetables, sauces, sesame, crushed peanuts, chili oil/flakes and noodles off-course 🙂 – Just lightly saute the veggies with sauce, chili oil and then turn off the heat. Add cooked noodles, mix everything together and serve slightly warm.
If you like them cold, just put them in fridge for 20 minutes.
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
You can also find this recipe or more meatless recipes on : Meat Free Monday
- 1 Packet Soba Noodles - cooked and drained as per instructions
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage - thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Green Cabbage - thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Bok-Choy - thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Green Onions - thinly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts - crushed
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Few Drops of Chili Oil - you may use chili flakes too
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- Salt - as per taste
- In a wok, heat sesame seed oil and add all the vegetables except purple cabbage.
- Saute for a minute on high heat.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, chili oil, peanuts, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, salt, saute everything together and turn off the heat.
- Add cooked-drained noodles and lightly toss or stir to mix everything together.
- Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve warm or as per choice.