Anything which has “healthy” attached to it, always brings a smile cause even before we eat it, we think of having an extra helping.
|Garbanzo Beans-Yogurt Patty|
This Tikki is basically made using two ingredients “Garbanzo” & “Yogurt” (If Vegan, You can use Vegan Yogurt), both have very mild taste but along with the listed ingredients, this turns out to be a very creamy, soft and aromatic flavored tikki.
PS: I so wanted to garnish them with fresh cilantro but they were gone even before reaching the table.
NOTE: *Please do ensure that the yogurt is without any water (hang it for a while in a cheesecloth). This is a key ingredient.
* Also, be little careful while cooking them as they are so tender that they might break.
tikki for burgers/rolls or as filling.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the listed ingredients except oil and mash them to form a dough like
- Divide the dough into equal round balls and form into desired shape of a patty/tikki. (Makes approx 8 big tikki’s)
- Heat the nonstick pan on high, add 1 Tbsp oil and place 4 tikki’s on it.
- Lower the heat to medium and let the tikki cook and get evenly brown (Takes about 2-3 minutes each side).
- Turn the tikki’s to the other side and cook evenly.
- Repeat step 4-5 to complete all the tikki’s.
- Serve Hot.