Cranberry – Bacon Bites (Sweet-Spicy): super delicious and packed with spicy-sweet flavors from cranberries and bacon. A perfect Petite Hors d’oeuvres‘ and ready in 20 minutes.
Who’s ready for the holidays? I know I’m….just waiting for the Christmas weekend to start and having an amazing time with friends, family and lots n lots of food.So, before we talk Christmas, here are our favorite Cranberry – Bacon Bites (Sweet – Spicy)or as D calls them The ‘Petite Hors d’oeuvres‘ which tops our (and our loved ones) festive appetizer list.
Everyone loves them for their smokey, sweet, spicy and bit tart flavor.
I know quite a mouthful for a petite lil snack but you got to try them to believe it and I love them cause they are so easy to make – 20 minutes and I made 20 of them !
I mean common, it’s Christmas followed by New Years and we have tons of parties (either to host or to attend) and in between whatever time I have.
I’m multi-tasking between work, buying gifts, running other errands, arranging festive decor, making food and making sure everything is done on time….
I hope I’m not forgetting anything (Gosh…even while I’m writing this, I have this feeling I’m forgetting something major 😉 ).
Apart from all this, we thought of creating a photobook which would have some of our favorite 2016 moments captured, so my laptop is flooded with tons of photos too (Phew!!).
And actually, for creating our photobook, we are using this offer from Shutterfly:
- Buy 4 participating Coca-Cola products and enjoy $20 off at Shutterfly.com!
- How it works: Offer will be executed via Catalina print-out at register with unique pin code to redeem online -> Here
I mean, how fun is that! Coca-Cola is definitely a part of all our festivities and along with that we get a Shutterfly offer, now that’s one awesome festive offer.
So, I quickly got all our party drinks (Gold Peak Iced Tea and Coca-Cola Glass Bottles) and appetizer ingredients from the nearest Safeway
And got on to making these delicious Baked cranberries and Bacon Bites.
The recipe is absolutely easy (hardly any steps) and you can even prep everything a night before and just freshly bake them before the party.
Apart from cranberry, bacon and cheese, I also added some caramelized onions as they go so well with this combination and also helps bind the filling on top.
It’s also a perfect combination of tart from the cranberries, sweetness from the onions, smokiness and some spice from the bacon and spices.
But I’m going light on cheese as we already have such heavy food to serve that these are perfect to get you started on that festive mood and help build that appetite.
Go Ahead and make these delicious n festive Cranberry – Bacon Bites and I wish you have an amazing Holiday Season with loved ones.
And use the Shutterfly offer to capture some of those treasured moments forever.
I’ll be sharing more festive foods during this whole season, so keep checking our site for more.
Until Next Time ~ XoXo
Tried Our Recipe – AWESOME!!!
Now Quickly SNAP A PICTURE & TAG :
#easycookingwithmolly + @easycookingwithmolly on Instagram –>
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries - Frozen or Fresh
- 5 Slices Bacon - (I'm using turkey)
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry - you can use any base (Check Notes)
- 1 Medium Onion - thinly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sugar - you can use any other choice of sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Cheese - use any cheese as per choice
- 5 Mint Leaves - thinly chopped - for decoration
- Salt - as per taste
- 1/8 Tsp Paprika - optional (for the spiciness)
- 1 Egg - whisked - to brush the pastry dough
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 195 C
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp oil and heat for 1/2 minute.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped bacon, salt, paprika and saute till it's cooked.
- Remove the onion and bacon mixture to a small bowl and cool completely.
- In the same pan, add cranberries, sugar, water and saute till cranberries begins to blister. (takes 3 minutes).
- Take the pastry dough and cut it into bite size pieces (square / rectangle / any shape of choice).
- Brush each pastry dough with egg.
- Transfer the pastry dough squares onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (till they puff up and are golden brown).
- Remove and cool till warm to rough.
- Take one square, add 1/2 tsp of cranberry sauce, 1/2 tsp bacon mix and keep on serving tray.
- Similarly, complete all the puffed squares.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and chopped mint leaves.
- Serve Immediately.
You can use the following as base:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorTheMemory #CollectiveBias