Sautéed Potato and Watercress – Quick Vegan Side: It’s delicious and packed with nutrients.
‘Eat More Greens‘ is something I strongly believe in and I also try to include many varieties of green vegetables.
I realized that I have shared so many entree/mains recipes and have hardly posted any sides.
So this MeatlessMonday, I’m sharing a very simple recipe of Sautéed Potato and Watercress or as we call it in Indian Aloo Methi as watercress is the closest substitute to fresh fenugreek leaves
Watercress, is a rich source of vitamins and minerals and contains particularly high levels of bone-building and strengthening vitamin K, vitamin A, which is important for eye health.
It also tastes closest to one of our Indian vegetable ‘Fresh Fenugreek Leaves’ .
Many of us have eaten it in salads or sandwiches but it also tastes great sautéed lightly.
Also, the addition of turmeric in this Sauteed Potato and Watercress makes this recipe more power packed with health benefits.
This Sauteed Potato and Watercress – Indian Aloo-Methi is perfect for a light lunch or dinner along with a toasted bread or with Indian roti.
This can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 2-3 days.
As always, I Looove when you try my recipes and send me pictures & feedback.
You can tag my recipes tried by you using #easycookingwithmolly on any of the social media below:
- 3 Medium Potatoes - chopped into bite size pieces.
- 1 cup Fresh Watercress Leaves* - lightly chopped
- Olive Oil - 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder (optional)
- Salt - To Taste
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over high flame for a minute.
- Add, cumin, turmeric and sauté evenly.
- Now, add potatoes, all the spices and stir everything evenly.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 6 minutes (stirring every minute).
- Add, fresh watercress leaves and sauté everything evenly.
- Cook uncovered for another 3 minutes (sauté every minute to prevent burning the veggies).
- Turn off the heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 100 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 70mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g