Serving Suggestion: Serve with Roti/Paratha OR
Large Wok OR NonStick Pot
4 Large Potatoes – Boiled, Peeled & Chopped into medium size
2 Large Tomatoes – Chopped into medium size
2 Big Green Chilies – Deseeded & chopped into medium size
1 Cup Water – (Less 3 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp Oil – Any flavorless Oil for Sautéing everything into a curry
1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander – Chopped for garnishing – Optional
Spice Required for the Curry:
1 Pinch Turmeric Powder – (Indian Spice Name – Haldi)
2 Whole Dry Red Chili – (Indian Spice Name – Sukhi Sabut Lal Mirch)
1½ Tsp Cumin Seed – (Indian Spice Name – Sabut Jeera)
2 Tsp Coriander Powder – (Indian Spice Name – Dhania Powder)
2 Tsp Cumin Powder – (Indian Spice Name – Jeera Powder)
2 Tsp Red Chili Powder – (Indian Spice Name – Lal Mirch Powder) – Optional
½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder – (Indian Spice Name – Kali Mirch Powder)
- Heat oil in the non-stick at high, as soon as the oil is heated, add turmeric,
whole dry red chili & cumin seed.
- When the cumin seed starts to pop, add chopped tomatoes and stir on high
for 1 min.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili
powder, black pepper powder and stir for another 1 min.
- Now add boiled-chopped potatoes, stir gently to mix all the spices together
with potatoes and cook for 3 min.
- After 3 min, add water and reduce the heat to lowest and cook for another
- After 4-5min, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil and turn off the
- Decorate with fresh coriander (Optional)
& Serve Hot.